desert pipe, is it worth the money?

Got questions? We got answers....
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Yes, but the question we 220R woods pipers have is not concerning the difference between a stock pipe and a desert pipe, but the difference between our woods pipe and a desert pipe.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Who cares?!?!? You got a 220! :lol:

The difference is the same as with the 200... there really isn't any mystery! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Sweet, another Arizonan! Where are you from? You should head up to flag and ride with us. I garuntee that i will be seeing alot of your dust! :prayer:

Reading about this 2nd SSS is inticing me. I currently have pretty much a stock KDX220, stock pipe, carb etc. I have it jetted to the 7000ft elevation here already. What is the best way to find this SSS?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

First... send your carb into Ron at http://rb-designs.com get it modded and purchase the special air screw he sells.

Then you can go about finding the SSS. It only works with his modified carbs.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

And get your head modded too (it's cheap), and an after-market pipe and a silencer. Reeds, did we mention after-market reeds? :)

I'm down here in Phoenix. If you go to http://www.arizonatrailriders.org/ you will find some Phoenix-based guys (and a few gals) who love to travel up I-17 in the summer to do Munds Park or to do the loop around Flagstaff Airport.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

Hmmm, ok better start saving up for that modded carb then. Which one are you guys running? The PWK AIR STRIKER CARB or the regular carb modification?

Sorry if these are questions that have been answered over and over again. My totally new to dirtbiking and have quite abit to learn. Most of the stuff i know about motorcycles is in german and only applicable in English when i show what im talking about. :rolleyes:

Rick,
I ride with these guys http://www.coconinotrailriders.org/ . I rode the Flag airport loop on sunday and its tons of fun. I was worked pretty good. I usually ride the trails on the San Fransisco Peaks, i live across the street basically and its easy to get up there. Come up here and we shall go riding.
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Either one is a worthwhile mod. I'd get your PWK modified and have Ron work over your head while he's at it.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I need to learn how to use the search button, lol. I was reading about both carbs, with the amount of money I have available (i'm in high school) the carb modification and head modification fits in the budget.