mini bike four stroke mxers finally!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
crazyaboutriding

mini bike four stroke mxers finally!!!

Post by crazyaboutriding »

i got the dirt rider today and saw in it that they're finally making a mini bike four stroke mx bike to run in the 85cc class. check it out. mabe u might like one for your kids.

http://powersports.honda.com/motorcycle ... =CRF150RB7
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Old news...I definately won't be getting one for my kid. $1300.00 more expensive than an 85, 25lbs heavier, more expensive to maintain. We just did a bottom to top end rebuild on a YZ85...cost to the customer $580. That's just slightly over what you'd have to pay someone for a top end on one of these little racing 4T. Can't wait to hear a bunch of little ones bouncing thier 150's off the rev limiters, like little ticking time bombs. Hope all the mini dad are ready to spend junior's college fund on repairs. :mrgreen:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

Yep, already know a dad who bought the new 150R. He said it revs really high, like 14k rpms. He was proud that he got it out the door at $4,100. I guess if money's no option . . .
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

Are u guys kiddin me? First its a Honda, which means TRASH!!! second its a HONDA 4-Stroke, even more TRASHIER. Its heavy, WILL blow up...why? Cuz its a Honda. Another thing, its a Honda, If i had a Kid iw would NEVER buy him a honda...they are eveil and devil. I HATE HONDAZ!!! :evil:
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

i don't know what you all are talking about, my first 3 bikes were honda 4-strokes, along with my brothers, and never once had to do a single thing to it except change oil, chains, and new tires (very rarely). its the mini bike two-strokes that blow up all the time around here!!!
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

yea, and they are also FASTER then the Honda 4 strokers
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

There's a big difference between the XR type motors and the 4 stroke MX ones in reliability. The older XR types are built like anvils, and the 4 stroke MX motors perform like 1/8 of an F1 engine, but sadly the trade-off is they're built more like grenades than anvils. I think it's pretty hard to buy a bad Jap dirtbike these days. Having owned one, I just don't think Hondas are as great as a lot of people would have you believe. Actually, I think if you want to split hairs, the Yamaha MX bikes are very well made, and they actually still update their 2-strokes!
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:There's a big difference between the XR type motors and the 4 stroke MX ones in reliability. The older XR types are built like anvils, and the 4 stroke MX motors perform like 1/8 of an F1 engine, but sadly the trade-off is they're built more like grenades than anvils. I think it's pretty hard to buy a bad Jap dirtbike these days. Having owned one, I just don't think Hondas are as great as a lot of people would have you believe. Actually, I think if you want to split hairs, the Yamaha MX bikes are very well made, and they actually still update their 2-strokes!
zacktly! :mrgreen:

XR's are bullet proof. High strung 4T that have to have almost twice the displacement just to put out the same power as a 2T are another story.

I'm not a big red fan. Honda has the biggest advertising budget. No wonder the rags tout them. No body is building a "bad" bike. The CRF's have had problems. The KXF has had problems. The KTM Racing models have had problems. The yami has been the most solid of the 4t's. The 5 valve, twin cam system has been a much more solid set up. However, they all require virtually the same maint. + some as the 2T's (oil change, valve check and adjust, top ends, ect.).

This maintance is much more time consuming and expensive than the 2T. Price out the parts for a top end on the "modern" racing 4T. Then check out all those nifty little moving parts that must be removed, reinstalled and re-adjusted. In 3 to 4 hours, I can do a top end on the KX and break it in. That ain't happening with a 4T.
its the mini bike two-strokes that blow up all the time around here!!!
Although this is a true statement, one has to question why? Could it be that kids tend to ride the piss out the little bikes with little or no maint.? That seems to be the case here anyway. Yea, mini dads bring the bikes in when they quit running. Very few that we see have had the maint. done to keep them in good shape. Then the Dads wine about how much it'll cost to fix them. Sad thing is, they are dirt cheap to fix compared to what a fragged mini 4t will cost. I guess well see. Should be good for us though! :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC