Pro Taper Bars Size ???

Got questions? We got answers....
beeds3000

Pro Taper Bars Size ???

Post by beeds3000 »

What Size Pro Taper bar is the closest to stock for a 97 KDX 200. I got the (Pro Taper CR High) I still have the receipt should I keep these or get a different size ?
Geoff T. Biderman
TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by TopperHarley »

How tall are you? Do you like the feel of the stock handlebars? I have a set of Pro Taper seven eights KX low bend bars in black that are new. Never been mounted. I am not positive but I think this is about as close as you can get to stock bars. may even be the same bend and height. I purchased them for my 220R and then decided to go with something a bit taller. If you want them let me know.
If you run into Heidi, have her look me up in her little black book and give me a call.
Im feelin a little wild today.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GATEWAY2-STROKE
2005 KDX220 mine
2003 KDX220 mine(under construction)
1998 KDX220 1/2 Brother-in-laws, soon his own
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I like the CR-Hi bend on the H model KDX in stock size ("7/8)

I have no idea how close the Pro-Tapers are to that though...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
clutchcover
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by clutchcover »

I am 5-10 and went with the cr high bends with a 3/4" adapter/spacer. It is so much more comfortable to ride with for me. I feel like I can throw the bike around, and standing is so much better with that set up. It's a matter of preference and riding style. I love higher bars, but I am also a mountain snowmobiler so I am probably biased. :partyman:
97 Kdx200
Summuda goodies.... But not quite enough.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

The KX high bend is closest to the KDX H model OEM bend. I too like the CR high bend, but I prefer the black Protaper Contour Fat Bars. The CR bend is swept back a tad more than the KX bend, but I run my bars in the -2 position (way forward) and that takes most of the sweep out. Bend enough bars like I have and you can try all kinds of bends to find the one you like the best. That's how I determined I like the CR hi's the best. :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC