KX shock/KDX shock whats the?

Got questions? We got answers....
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

I ended up pulling the KX shock off because of the over extension of the shock at the end of the travel raked the front end far enough in to create some handling issues.
The issues were under braking, and high speed Acceleration, it changed the geometry of the bike making the bike tuck in corners and the front bobble at high speed.

this Mod is far from over after bolting the stock KDX shock on I noticed under the same trail conditions that I put the KX shock through, the KDX was not as happy with taking the fast 3 and 4 inch stuff or the fast large hard hits
the KX shock adjusted at 15 on the compression and rebound was very plush feeling. The advantage of the KDX shock was keeping the stock geometry and handling characteristics of the bike we all love.
The KX shock or will allow the bike to run much faster with out noticing until you apply the brakes, of course this is with a matched front.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I came to the same conclusion trying to fit a KX rear shock to my KDX. The shock hit my swingarm so hard when getting airborne, that it dented it!! Ha!! Anyway, a GoldValved KDX shock was magic for my KDX220. Easy to see what a click or two could do. It made a difference. I would recommend a rebuild over trying to get the KX shock shortened enough to work on a KDX. Especially since the KDX shock works well with the GValve.
Good Luck !!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

I will no doubt end up trying both just for the heck of it.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

krazyinski, any updates on the KX shock. Been a year. :grin:
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

revalved the kdx shock. works greaat!!! now I will try fitting the KDX motor in a KX 125 Chassis.