KDX soon!!?

Got questions? We got answers....
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

KDX soon!!?

Post by Jeb »

'Going to look at an '03 KDX200 Saturday - I can't wait! Another possibility is an '01KDX200 with a tuned suspension and an FMF but only if the guy can hook up with a 300exc soon. Somewhere an opportunity is going to surface and soon, and I'm goin' nuts thinking about straddling a two-stroke again.

Quick questions:
*I haven't seen anything anywhere that would suggest that either year of bike has anything any more negative than other "H" models. 'Sound right?

*The fellow with the '01 claims that the pipe is a "gold series FMF" :? Can that be right? I thought the KDX FMFs were either desert or woods knarlies.

*No prices discussed yet. Depending on looks and ride, I'm thinking $2,200-$2,700 for the '03, $1,900-$2,200 for the '01 (if the suspension he was raving about is thus so). Comments?

There's actually another possibility that hit the radar screen that I'm wrestling with: '05 Gas Gas EC250. $3,500 and it looks lovely in the pics. The thought of it makes me feel a bit timid especially when he told me that he replaced the pipe with a 200 pipe so, and get this, it would be more snappy :shock: . He's got the original pipe but he says it's been dented but repairable. WHEW!! the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up thinking about it, I'm probably better off with the KDX but I can't detract the fact that it's a Gas Gas! Any experiences with these? Smoother power delivery is the claim, smoother than the KTM 250s.

The biggest advantage I see with going with the KDXs is that the $$ saved is about enough for sign up + annual fees for Saddleback East (fantastic woods trails, mx track, peewee track for the boys, camping, showers, bike washing stations, good people . . .)
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Gas Gas = Where to get Parts and support?
KDX = Cheap riding and great support from this forum! :wink:

Gold Series pipe.... they all are for the KDX if made by FMF. K-30 or K-35 is what makes the difference.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

OH boy the KDX is the way to go just a great bike that will always be there and never let you down and one of the most forgiving rides you will ever have mistakes wont put you on the ground near as often.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Gas Gas = Where to get Parts and support?
KDX = Cheap riding and great support from this forum! :wink:

Gold Series pipe.... they all are for the KDX if made by FMF. K-30 or K-35 is what makes the difference.
Now I see, the K-30 and the K-35 (woods and desert) are BOTH part of the Gold Series :oops: . Is the number stamped on the pipe somewhere? I asked him if it was a woods or desert pipe and he sounded confused. He did say that it "comes on" pretty low, sounds like the woods. Thanks for the clarification.

No doubt that the KDX would be good-value decision. To boot, I need to get a bike for my youngest son - he sat on both a JR50 and a KDX50 weekend before last, he's big enough for either !! :grin:
"No farmer ever plowed a field by turning it over in his mind" -George E. Woodbury

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

K-30 is a Desert pipe and the 35 is the woods pipe.

It is stamped so on the top mounting tang.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

My local KTM dealer also sells gas-gas he told me that the KDX was a great bike and for woods riding and me being new at riding I made the wright choice buying the KDX over his gas-gas (not nocking the gas-gas it looks like a great bike)
06 200H

GALLERY!
Jeb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeb »

How do I paste a picture on this forum?

I've got a few dig pics of a sexy '01 220R with a PC pipe, and I wanted to hear comments on the ding it has in the pipe right under the stamp (fat portion of the chamber). If pasting pics are a hassle, I'd describe it as roughly 3/4" deep about 3" across. Do you think it'll affect performance much? Yeah, I know, go ride it, but it's a 2-hour drive away.

Great looking bike, FX graphics, not too beat up, Renthal 909s + Moose bark busters in the cockpit. It'll need a rear tire pretty soon. He's asking too much but sounds like he will negotiate (he'll have to for my money).

CLICK FOR PICS!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

As long as the dent isn't within the first 6 inches of the pipe... it will not affect performance.

You have to have it on the web somewhere (The gallery is a good place! :wink: )

Then you right click on the pic, go to properties and copy the URL. Then come back to this post and use the following code:
[img]http://whatever the url is.net/whatever.jpg[/img]

The [img] tags are the important part!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****