Gone to the pumpkin patch

Got questions? We got answers....
TEEEE

Gone to the pumpkin patch

Post by TEEEE »

Just wanted to say thanks to the many people on this site who have been a big help with advice on my KDX over the last few years. Like many, I started at DRN and jumped to here.

I got a wild hair and a few weeks ago I sold my KDX and bought an '07 KTM 250 XCW. Wow, amazing bike. I have some seat time to log on that beast to get to the comfort level I had on the KDX!

Anyway, great site with mucho wisdom. Thanks to all for sharing. :grin:

-T
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Good luck to ya TEEEE! See ya on the trail....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

ya, i've seen those in dirt rider. they're supposed to be like set up perfectly. all the pros they interviewed swore up and down that they were pretty mutch the best bikes they rode. great smooth power bands in the two strokes w/ lost of low end, and the four strokes have lots of torque from the bottom end and still a bit off the top. the only thing is that they're really expensive. the 450's i think are running at about $8,000 or so... i'm not quite sure.

well, i hope that you had luck with the sight. they sure are doing alot for me still. enjoy you're new bike!!!
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
TEEEE

Post by TEEEE »

It is very strong and the power is what will take getting used to the most. It will pull hard even when you're lugging it and out of the powerband. I paid $6000. I wish I could have kept the KDX, but needed the $ to offset the price of the new bike.

On the trails indeed... :supz:
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I bought my '03 KDX 220R so I could get some seat time to figure out what my next bike is going to be (my plan was one year). I've found the KDX so enjoyable that I'm likely going to delay that purchase another year. After that, I'll likely get another used 2T, likely from KTM. I just don't know which to put my 200 pounds on, the 250 or the 300. IF I can manage the throttle on either one of them.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
NM_KDX200

Re: Gone to the pumpkin patch

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
TEEEE wrote:DRN
I got a wild hair and a few weeks ago I sold my KDX and bought an '07 KTM 250 XCW. Wow, amazing bike. I have some seat time to log on that beast to get to the comfort level I had on the KDX!
LOL....I just saw one of your posts on KTMTalk (KDX vs. KTM) and then came over here to see what was going on and there you are!

We may have lost the post in the computer crash, but I bought a KTM 200sx several weeks ago and have been riding it. It's my track bike, though, not my "off-road" bike. I put the KDX up for sale but was only getting offers of $1000 and for that little, I just decided to keep it. My wife's been riding it and I'll use it on my 2-3x/year trips to the woods. Years after I sold my XR250, I was sorry that I did because I needed a simple, reliable bike to putt around on. The KDX will take that role, only it can do much more than "putt", of course.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125