Anyone excited about the new KLX450R???

Got questions? We got answers....
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

My KDX is street legal and ive been riding it too school the last few days. I dont really want to ride it on the street with knobbies on it but its my only source of trasnport. Besides, i get dealer prices on anything i want thus getting me cheap tires and cheap tires changes. :partyman:

That trail looks amazing. I wish there was something like that up where i live (northern arizona), its mainly very close brush and many rocks. I think i just need to go exploring more and find the good stuff. :cool:
GS

Post by GS »

Does tight mean no passin' lanes? :lol:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Nope... your thinking of single track.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

That Bike looks absoluty CRAZY!!! if i had the cash to get one i would in a hearbeat. BUT, the one thing i hate about 4-strokes, and thats ALL forstrokes, they have a nasty tendancy to grenade, a lot more then the manufacurers would lead us to beleive. And when they do, it costs about 1/2 the sale price of the bike to fix the damn piece of sh*t. Also, weight will always be heavier, its a inexcapleable fact, unless your James Stewart with a 160 Pound KX 450!? lol

4-stroke Snowmobiles are another stroy, they are the best thing since sliced bread, they RULE. But in bikes or at least Off Road Bikes, they are trash.

Why do you fols spend soooooo Much on plates and stuff? just ride the trials and dont get caught thats what i do. I have the Catch me if i crash attitude. But i live in Canada, so i guess its a whole othere world south o the border eh?

Cheers! :supz:
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

I don't know about 4 stroke much but I got to say, this one is the best good looking 4 strokes I have ever seen! :mrgreen: If I had the cash for it, this would be a great little brother for my KDX!
I can't say I disagree with motorhead though, thay are more expansive and when they break...ouch!
One thing though; I had the oportunity to try a 4 strokes for the 1st time last week (CRF 450) and holly sh.t! if it wasn't for the weird seat position i would be sold, I loved the power: open up the throttle in 4th and there goes the front wheel! :lol: Yeah maybe when I win the lottery I'll have 2 bikes, 2 GREEN bikes: KDX and KLX

Wilf
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:Don't look tight to me! :mrgreen:
I did not say it was

But I will say that big blue pig will go just about anywhere my lil green bike will go
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
tag220

Post by tag220 »

I ride with guy who got great deal on ktm 450. It had 50 miles paid $5000 450 is a blast to ride. but very hard on rear tire 500 miles 2 tires wonder why? I don't think he will ever change the front its never on the ground. :supz:
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

hahahaha... i ride wiht a dude on a 450 KTM to...man they CHEW up the back tires, and yea, it seems all 4strokes 250 or 450 FLY!!! But, i also notice its ONLY IN A STRAIGHT LINE!!!! They are slugs in tight trails, and even worse unless you gt HUGE WIDE OPEN trails they will never be good trail bikes IMO
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
tag220

Post by tag220 »

Would make great dual sport but yes handful in tight stuff. Not to mention rider fatigue from 40-50 hp.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
tag220 wrote:Would make great dual sport but yes handful in tight stuff. Not to mention rider fatigue from 40-50 hp.
Many of the local 4T 450 riders who like the tight technical stuff have switched back to 2 strokes. Most of them going with either a 250 jap bike or a KTM 300. Very few have switched from a 2T to a 4T. The ones that have stayed 4T have been on the 250's. The 250 engine is more of a low to mid engine and seems to work better for tight technical stuff.

I'm still extreemely biased against the racing 4T engine. The price tag, noise, cost of maintance, and the ever present fear of a $2000+ engine repair price tag will keep me riding 2T's as long as there is parts support.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
tag220

Post by tag220 »

I let a 4t rider take my kdx sunday the first words after he stoped smiling I miss my 2 stroke . My kdx was first bike I had In 15 years now 1 1/2 year old with about 6000 miles it still makes me smile :grin:
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

My buddy rides a Yammie WR450F. He dissed me for going 2T. I let him ride it around the staging area and he came back remarking starkly about how snappy the throttle was (too snappy), and how loud it was (old packing and no airbox lid). I rode his WR450F (of which he is quite proud), and while I like the ergonomics, I thought it would have benefited from a two-tooth increase in the rear sprocket as it was a little slow to amp up. (his'll do 98mph, after all -- I don't think he'll miss a little top).

He poo-poos my claim that 4Ts are too maintenence intensive. He says he's had his for a year and hasn't done anything to it but change the oil a few times. :blink:

Anyone want to buy his bike when he sells it next year? :?

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I rode my first KTM this weekend. It was a heavily moddified 250ex and after learning and riding my KDX constantly for the last 3 weeks that was a surprise. I thought it was abit too light for me right now, i can see though why almost everyone i ride with rides one though. :D

I had him ride my 220 and he was quite impressed with it, he hadnt ridden a KDX since he owned one back in the 80s. Considering my lack of riding skill im quite proud of myself i didnt get too far back from the others on their pumpkins. :supz:

BTW, quailchaser, do you own MonkeyButt? I ordered a throttle cable from you guys the other week. Thank you! :partyman: