fuel stablizer

Got questions? We got answers....
Sky.A

fuel stablizer

Post by Sky.A »

there times i dont go through the whole amount of premix. so what fuel stablizer is the ticket?
Kauai Boy 04 kdx 200
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

I believe Yamalube 2R has fuel stabilizer in it already. Someone shout if I am wrong on this, heard it a long time ago. I've left Yamalube 2 stroke premix in for a several weeks at a time, always seems fine and never leaves any deposits or anything...
FAZ
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

I use stabal in every thing it works great.
06 200H

GALLERY!
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Last time I ran my KDX it had 8 month old gas in it and it ran fine
I use Mobil1 MXT2 or whatever it's called now

I also use up all my old premix in my lawnmower and always leave the old gas in it over the winter and so far, in 5 years, it has always started up after only a couple pulls in the spring. I think the premix must help stabilize the fuel
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

MrWibbens statement "I think the premix must help stabilize the fuel" is also something that I believe - no proof or anything other than I noticed that my 2-cycle weed eater/chainsaw/edge trimmer would sit for the winter and fire right up and run well.

I started pouring in a little left over 2-cycle mix into all the my "stuff" about 6 or 7 years ago and running it so it gets through the carb prior to shutting it down for the winter. i.e. lawnmower, (snowblower for the summer), the two TTR 125s, the Harley, the Honda generator. I run the engines until they die from lack of fuel. It is a little easier than emptying and draining all the carburators and I think it likely leaves a little coating of oil on the vavles.

I still to "fog" the snowmachine (summer storage), KTM and KDX prior to putting them to sleep for the winter. I still squirt some oil into the cylinders on the 4 stroke bikes prior to winter.

When I used to use stabilizer in the gas I never had any problems other than the Harley and lawn mower were hard to start in the spring.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine