Handle bar grip - again

Got questions? We got answers....
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Handle bar grip - again

Post by Mark W »

Ok, just got back from a vacation with the family and went to put my son's KX65 back together (as you may recall, he fell awhile back and broke his handle bars needing replacements). Anyway, it allwent back together with no problem but when i went to put the grip back on (onto a knurled bar no less it slid on too what I thought was way too easy. It went on and off with no effort. Did I get sold the wrong size grips? I sprayted some molding and trim adhesive into the grip and the bar and put the thing together but I don't know if this is going to work. Any other suggestions on how to make this work as we are planning on going riding early in the morning. Gorilla glue amybe as it expands.

Thanks -
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Safety wire...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

PVC tape put on sticky side out, put a drizzle of petrol in the grip. The combo of adhesive and petrol make a sticky, tacky base for the grip to stick to. Just my 2c.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

uhh, stoopit question time, you're not trying to put the throttle grip on the left side are you?
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Noooo..... couldn't be! :shock: :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Oh boy.....

Post by Mark W »

Thanks for the stoopid question. Can you believe how stoopid those manufacturers are that make two different size grips for the handlebars? Why can't both grips be the same size I wonder.

Never, ever thought that there could be two different sizes. Besides the obvious hole size difference, is there any other way to tell.

New grip is on and we are set to go tomorrow morning.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Oh boy.....

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Mark W wrote: Besides the obvious hole size difference, is there any other way to tell.
Yes. Try them both on the non-throttle tube (knurled) side of the bars...the one that's too loose goes on the throttle tube. :wink:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC