Rear shock

Got questions? We got answers....
krazyinski

Rear shock

Post by krazyinski »

In my area( San Antonio Texas) I cant find anyone to charge my shock. and I would like to know if anyone knows where to get and what to get to do it my self.
Last edited by krazyinski on 07:39 am Sep 21 2006, edited 1 time in total.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by TopperHarley »

Try Fredette
If you run into Heidi, have her look me up in her little black book and give me a call.
Im feelin a little wild today.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GATEWAY2-STROKE
2005 KDX220 mine
2003 KDX220 mine(under construction)
1998 KDX220 1/2 Brother-in-laws, soon his own
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

Last I checked he is out of my area. but thanks . I figured it out how to do it very simple just need to buy the regulator now.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

What technique did you figure out?

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

you buy a nitrogen bottle and regulator get an airchuck hose and fittings you have to air it up past where you want and check how much you loose till you get it were you need.
you just want to make sure your regulator is at least 250 lb outlet pressure.
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

I think you will could get nitrogen in the bladder using your method but you would never really be sure of what the pressure really was. :sad:

If I understand you would set the regulator to lets assume 200 psig then fill the shock's bladder - then check the pressure and see what it read - say it reads 150psig. So after repeating this a number of times you determine you lose on average 50 psig between filling and popping off the airchuck. Assuming you want to target 150-165 psig you would then set the regulator somehwere between 200-215 psig and perform the fill - correct so far?

How about the nitrogen you lost performing the lost check? A 15-20% change in pressure is noticable performance wise - a pssss when you release the valve is 15% drop and a psssss is 25% while a pssssss is a 40% loss compounding the problem (I think) would be sometimes a pssssss sounds like a psss.

If your going to do this get a zero loss shrader valve chuck (these thread onto the valve stem and don't release pressure when unscrewed). McMaster Carr used to sell them but I could not find them in their on-line catalog. Likely my description of the zero loss air chuck is not accurate enough. Spend some time searching and I bet you'll find the same one the shops use. Good Luck
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

I have said this before, but you can go to any small airport and they will do it. Small planes use nitrogen, too for the same reason. when your high in elevation, the oxygen condenses and can rust the shock, and nitrogen doesnt condense,