sending off my suspension???

Got questions? We got answers....
crazyaboutriding

sending off my suspension???

Post by crazyaboutriding »

hey i was thinking i have a bit of $$$ saved up and was thinking it would help me out a bit if i sent the suspension off to get dialed in. where would a good place be and how mutch would it cost and how long would they need it? thanx in advance

kevin
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

my two bits
send the rear off and drop the rest on a kx front end.
I have a revalved and sprung KDX front end and it is still 1/2 of what a modern front end is performance wise.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I agree, doing an USD conversion makes it a new bike. Uh, ok, makes it a newer 12 year old design. Well worth it though.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

If you live back east and don't want to spend the money on turning your bike into something you could have just bought of the floor for a few more $$, I would send the forks to Factory Connection. I have an 05' 220 and the work they did on the forks really made a huge difference! It came out to be just under $300 including the shipping. If you weigh in around the 175 to 200 mark than the stock rear end will do. I do plan on sending the shock in for a revalve this winter when I tear the bike down. I just set the sag and played with the clickers till I found the settings I like. Setting the sag is the most important piece of the puzzle and super easy to do so.
BTW; The turn around time is one week from the day you send them the forks till you get them back so it is well worth doing so. They completely rebuild with new seals too :supz:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
kdennan wrote:If you live back east and don't want to spend the money on turning your bike into something you could have just bought of the floor for a few more $$......
Allot of folks on here have converted to KX USD's for alot less than $300, and will be better than any KDX conventionals completely stock...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "