headlight

Got questions? We got answers....
liv2ride626

headlight

Post by liv2ride626 »

I know it has been discussed on here before but could not find the thread. I would like a new headlight for my bike and was thinking of the UFO twin halogen light. I woud like the brightest possible light without rewinding my stator. Are there any otherr brands or lights I should look at? Thanks in advance.
-Don
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

even though they are 35w bulbs and the coil is 30w you can still run one light at a time. My cousin had no headlight and this one worked without a new coil. I dont think they would work at the same time but individually... yes. And no there is no other dual headlight that can completly run off of the stock coil.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I don't know about the UFO one, but I did buy the one Fredette offers. I can only run one bulb at a time. Even then, I would consider it an emergency light only. It will get you out of the woods, but I sure can't ride with it.

I've been thinking about buying an aftermarket automotive driving light and mounting it to a spare helmet and running it off of a small 12v batterie in a fanny pak
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
liv2ride626

Post by liv2ride626 »

Ok cool, are there any other options to get a little more light out of the bike, like replacement single headlights etc.