Scotts stabilizer with a KX frontend?

Got questions? We got answers....
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

you mean the rubber bushings cc? my kx top clamp had them, but i put solid aluminum cones back in. tried the stiffer scott's cones. didnt like'em. the solid cones arent that bad.
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yep. The rubber ones.

I haven't tried aluminum pieces...the Scott's cones were bad enough. I thought I was riding a 200exc!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

My 03 setup has the stock rubber ones top and bottom that I purchased through bikebandit.com.... I bought all stock stuff. They feel pretty good I think.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Here's the lowdown on the Scotts mount with the KX conversion.

My new Scotts KX clamp arrived tonight. I installed it only to find that it did not fit correctly from the config I gave Scotts to send me. Hmmmm..... The arm on the stabilizer seemed to be too long. OK... I had the bar mounts set to position 1. (all the way back) assuming this was most common and the best chance for a fit. (This is how the mount was ordered) Well... I turned the bar mounts to position 2. (all the way forward) BINGO! It was a direct match for alignment but still sat 1/4 too high. So, I got to looking at the spacer I put in the for the top clamp to fit. It's really not needed after seeing how everything fits together with the right hardware. So, this weekend... the spacer comes out, the Scotts will fit along with the KX plate I ordered for the front. (Looks trick... what can I say, did a test fit tonight) Filling the shocks with oil, mounting and a photoshoot will follow. This is really a lot of fun and can't wait for my next project. But where do you go from here? :partyman:

*** EDIT ***

Background on the Scotts fiasco.

Original Scotts Setup was for a 95 KDX, bolt-on kit with computer mount.
Original KDX Bolt-on tower was used with a 03 KX Scotts mount for use with a computer Part #BLC-90 35 28. (This means the Scotts arm is reverse position from standard) See Gallery.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

But where do you go from here?
Extensive rounds of testing, adjusting, testing, adjusting, testing, adjusting.... :mrgreen:

Do those forks have the stock KX valves? I'm sure you will hate the harshness if they were anything like my YZ forks.....Then I guess it will be on to DIY valving?? That should keep ya busy for a while!! :wink:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project