'81 KDX250...any idea of WIW?

Got questions? We got answers....
MachIII500

'81 KDX250...any idea of WIW?

Post by MachIII500 »

I've got a KDX250 that I bought used some 20 years ago or so.
It's been stored inside since I've had it and I've ridden it maybe 3 or 4 times and I'm not getting any younger, so I'm thinking about selling it.
I have no idea what to ask for it, as I don't keep up with the market for dirt bikes at all. I think I'll try craigslist and maybe the local paper and see what happens once I know what to ask for it.
It's in pretty decent shape although the original owner kept it outside so the plastic is a bit faded and the odometer cable is broken...otherwise, it's pretty nice. I haven't started it in a couple of years, but all it usually takes is some fresh fuel and maybe cleaning the carb and it fires right up.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would hate to speculate in fear of not giving a qualified estimate. I would say it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I bought a 95 KDX 200 for $500 that ran well.

Being that old I would not think it would be worth that much but you may find someone who had one in the day and wants to relive days gone past.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I sold an '82 KDX175 that was in very good shape for $500. Kind of wish I had kept it as a loaner bike, but I needed the space.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220