Oceano Dunes Beach Race

Got questions? We got answers....
TEEEE

Oceano Dunes Beach Race

Post by TEEEE »

Some of my jetskiing buddies are riding in the surf competition that is being held in conjunction with this annual event. I'm not competing in the surf, but I was thinking of heading down with my ski and my KDX and entering the beach race.

http://www.oceanobeachrace.com/http://www.freestylesurfslam.com/flyer.html#

Will the KDX be worthy? Paddle tires are a no-no, so I'd have to get a good soft terrain rear tire. I have some bolt-on mods, but nothing fancy...PC pipe and spark arrestor, reeds, airbox lid, etc. No porting, no carb or head work.

I've ridden in the dunes before on it, and it works, but it isn't exactly the dune weapon of choice. I'd probably be the only KDX there. The race is one hour....what do you think?
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'd go for it. Should be fun!
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Looks like one hell of a party!!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
cmot

Post by cmot »

It really comes down to what you want to do but when I raced and rode dunes and desert a small bore gets flogged to death and wasn't as much fun in open fast riding running with bigbore bikes. :rolleyes: But I still had a lot of fun. :lol:
Just bury me when I can't ride anymore...
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

be sure and check and adjust your jetting,you will need more fuel for sand bigger main jet at least.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.