Pipe on sub frame

Got questions? We got answers....
Kdx Matt

Pipe on sub frame

Post by Kdx Matt »

Hey, just for kicks, does any one know what the little pipe thing is for that's welded on the right side of the sub-frame? Every one who has looked at my bike want's to what it's for... it's starting to feal kinda stupid saying "I don't know" all the time.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i am really not sure, i think it was asked before and i think someone said it was suppose to be used as something you can put a tie down onto.... but i dont think so.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Kdx Matt

Post by Kdx Matt »

One person said "It looks like some thing for your boot to get stuck on." I just replied "Then don't put your foot down." :)
~2001 KDX 200~

FMF Power Core 2
Motonation Whaker Hand Guards
MSR Radiator Guards
MSR Skid Plate
And More To Come!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

It's to provide a place to lift the bike ...... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:It's to provide a place to lift the bike ...... :wink:
I don't really know as mine doesn't have one but isn't the handle type thing moulded into the side plates for lifting the bike around ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

It looks like it could be there to protect the pipe joint from large objects like branches and rocks getiing in there during a crash. But I do use it as a handle when I am standing on the right side.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Kdx Matt

Post by Kdx Matt »

>|<>QBB<
KAY DEE EXER wrote:I don't really know as mine doesn't have one but isn't the handle type thing moulded into the side plates for lifting the bike around ??
Yes, it is a handle for moving the bike. I rarely ever use it because it puts all the weight of the bike on the seat... I always grab around the rear fender and sub frame just behind the side panel.
~2001 KDX 200~

FMF Power Core 2
MSR Radiator Guards
MSR Skid Plate
And More To Come!!
Kdx Matt

Post by Kdx Matt »

>|<>QBB<
bradf wrote:It looks like it could be there to protect the pipe joint from large objects like branches and rocks getiing in there during a crash.
That's what I think it's for.
~2001 KDX 200~

FMF Power Core 2
MSR Radiator Guards
MSR Skid Plate
And More To Come!!
Mark W
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

You're all wet

Post by Mark W »

It is a subtle Japanese attempt at humor. If you stand the bike on it's rear wheel and look in a mirror from the left side of the bike, that extra pipe forms the letter "J" which stand for, naturally, Japanese.

Those Japanese sure have a sense of humor don't they?