Is tall seat foam tall?

Got questions? We got answers....
TEEEE

Is tall seat foam tall?

Post by TEEEE »

I ordered this seat foam from Rocky Mountain and I’m not sure its really the high seat foam. The packaging says it is, but it doesn’t look much taller than my stocker, if at all. I was expecting a big difference.

Can any of you tell from the pics below?

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I'm missing the comparison part...one seat is a base, foam and cover, the other is JUST the foam, correct?

I have a tall Ceet foam...but it's been cut, so I couldn't say what it looked like before. The guy that cut it said the main difference was at the saddle part..the Ceet foam had much less dip. Your pic of just the Ceet foam looks pretty straight in that area to me.

Anyway, that's useless anecdotal info for 'ya..but consider the difference the base makes.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

yea, i would say that tall is referring to only one spot on the seat. It does look higher in the middle section of the foam...
TEEEE

Post by TEEEE »

Yeah, you guys are both correct. I know the pic isn’t exactly apples to apples, and the foam alone DOES seem thicker through that portion of the seat. I guess I was just expecting a more pronounced difference.

Oh well. I’ll just install it and see how it feels on the bike...or maybe just stop sitting down so much...
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

If it is a CEET tall foam then yes it is taller..... Only in the middle section of the foam. Creating a flatter profile which IMOP feels much better than stock. It is also stiffer so you don't feel the seat pan in the rear section when you butt-check off what ever. The stock cover will fit nicely and you will be very happy with the change in feel and your ability to move fore-and-aft much easier.