Hands full of blisters!

Got questions? We got answers....
thebleakness

Post by thebleakness »

I got some blisters on my palms after a really long one day with some really fast riders who I was trying to keep up with. Since then ive gotten blisters almost every time i ride, now i just have hard calloused skin. It doesnt really bother me and i ride fine with them.

I shall try the pushing the handlebar method tomorrow. I'm not entirely sure how i even turn...i just do. I dont have many people to ride with so i dont get many tips on riding styles. Its been practically all on my own.

But if pushing works best, woohoo! learned something new. :prayer:
chris_psmith

Post by chris_psmith »

ok, ok, almost sorry for starting this one, but got a very good tip with the palm savers, I ride tense with gritted teeth (yes so obviously rubbish but I never said I was any good), the reason I raised it was that I never had a problem on my 200, it came with the new bike.
I take on board all the points about being too tense, but that takes practice to get over, the palm savers allow me to carry on practicing without the pain of having gloves full of blister goo and severe pain.
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

technique may be king, but if it slows you down, then THAT isnt helping anyone either...and i wasnt trying to help anyone with the second post....if u read the 1st one you woulda seen that i pointed out WHY this guy had blister problems...i was just stateing my lack of faith in the whole "steer by pushing with the right arm to go left..." theroy. u kno what i mean???
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

technique may be king, but if it slows you down,
That's called practice.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

the reason I raised it was that I never had a problem on my 200, it came with the new bike.
well, then, all u need to do is get used to your NEW bike...plain an simple. Heres is something to try...take your bike out...say around in a field or open space. Depending on how big the space, put around and get used to the handleing, the power, torgue etc.

Then take her on a few straightaways and ripp up and down getting used to acceleration. This will proplerly aquaint you with your new ride, AND dont forget...even if the bike is warmed up IT DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE!!!! Every day you spend off the bike, you get a tad bit more rusty.

Also try riding on easy trails or fields for a while, that will help you get used to the bike, dont dive into hard or intricate trails before your ready...

Thats what i would do...CHEERS!
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!