FMF Turbine Core II Q?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

FMF Turbine Core II Q?

Post by Indawoods »

Is anyone running this silencer? If so... how quiet is it? Well... compared to other silencers. I don't want to take any chances of not being able to ride somewhere because of noise levels. But , I don't want to sacrifice performance either. :cool:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

I run a TC II with a FMF -30 on my 220. How quiet is it? DB wise I have no idea as it has never been checked. Compared to my neighbors stock KX125 it is quieter. Compared to my 98 XR250 with an FMF Q it is about the same according to my neighbors. There are quite a few KDX's (and other smokers) up here that run this silencer for the exact reasons of enforced sound levels, spark arrestor and performance with aftermarket pipes.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
PhilJensen

Post by PhilJensen »

I run the same combo - gnarly rev witrh tc2. Not too loud. And the best part for you, it has USFS approved stamped on it!

Phil
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yeah baby.. YEAH! Exact same pipe I'm running... thanks guys!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I am regularly checked for sound levels at enduro races I attend. I run the woods FMF pipe with the TC2 and check in at 88 db when freshly repacked. Since the max level is 96db, (I think) and the sound pressure doubles with every 3 db change, that's pretty quiet. Last week when my son was out back playing on my bike, I could not hear it at all when I was in the house and he was riding it outside, just a few yards away. I really like it this quiet, I call it "Stealth Mode". None of my neighbors have ever complained. My chainsaws and leaf blowers are much noisier.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
wanaride
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by wanaride »

I just asked my wife for an unbiased opinion on what is noisier; my bike with T/C II SA, a chainsaw, or a leaf blower. Surprisingly, she said the leaf blower is the noisiest, followed by a chainsaw, with my bike a distant 3rd. She said that unless I'm really riding it hard, she can barely hear me on it when I'm in the backyard.

I'd say you are safe with the T/C II SA.
I love someone with autism!

2006 KTM 250XCW
2003 KDX200
2006 CRF70
2006 KTM 50 Mini Adventure
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Not to be a spoilsport....BUT..

Does anyone else notice that none of the responses have ANYthing to do with the question asked?

Granted, you can infer the testimonials to be a good thing for a different S/A..but they have nothing to do with the 'Q'...and that was the question.

Right?

BTW, my TCII (no 'Q') was 87db last check (October '04).

Anecdotal as it may be, I've heard BAD things about the 'Q'. Not good performance-wise. Notice the catalog writeup of the thing says '...with a minimum reduction in power.' The TCII says no such thing..actually says it does NOT have the restriction found on most S/As.

And we all know that catalogs never lie..........TV commercials, neither!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

canyncarvr wrote: Does anyone else notice that none of the responses have ANYthing to do with the question asked?
ANYthing?........Really :roll:

The first question:
Is anyone running this silencer?
The answer:
I run the woods FMF pipe with the TC2

The second question:
If so... how quiet is it?
The answer:
88 db when freshly repacked

The qualifier:
Well... compared to other silencers
The inference:
Let's just say, I intended to leave that as an exercise in simple arithmetic. :mrgreen:
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sorry..The TC II is NOT THE TC II Q!!

TC II 8651-202
TC II Q FM02-0494

PNs for the KDX from Rocky Mountain

They are different.

They aren't even the same.

Maybe you have a 'Q'. I don't know. You said 'TC2'...which is NOT a 'TC II Q'.

The question was in regard to the 'FMF Turbine Core II Q'

The answers were ALL in regard to the TC II........NO Q!!

Is that any better?
:roll:

Is everybody :grin: ?

Cheers!

Consider the source

bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

CC is right again. I thought the 'Q' in the question meant "question" instead of Q as in...Q. No I do not have a TC II Q, I have a normal TC II. I didn't even know there was a Q. So disregard everything I said.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

So it is written.

So it shall be done!

...forget what? ;)

Heck....maybe it was supposed to be a question mark?

Words do mean things...maybe not so much in this case?

Inda?

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Q=Quiet . ... It is marketed this way anyway. If the TCII is quiet enough... I know it is cheaper (or costs less for CC) then I may just go with that. I just thought maybe that with the quiet model, I could ride it in the house and not disturb anyone... :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

canyncarvr wrote:Sorry..The TC II is NOT THE TC II Q!!
When I read the initial post, I made a bad assumtion and read the title Q followed by a question mark as "FMF Turbine Core II Question"

So what else is new? :rolleyes: :oops:

Now stop shouting at me or you'll make me cry!
Jerry

canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I could have been just as easily wrong as right...but then it would'a been Inda's fault for being misleading and otherwise nefarious.

It would have been skullduggery, even!

btw...I only shouted the second time time I had to say the same thing over. :cool:

So save your hanky for some REAL problem....maybe to shed a tear for the Steelers!

Consider the source

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

canyncarvr wrote:So save your hanky for some REAL problem....maybe to shed a tear for the Steelers!
:lol:

Yeah.... Now I gotta cheer for the Eagles.... something don't seem right about that! :neutral:

Ummm content? I'm getting the TC2... without the "Q" :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'd run the stocker!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

All right guys... I know most of the questions I ask are not qualified for a legitimate response. I type all day and usually not in the mood to do it more once I get home.

I am wanting a different silencer because my my present original Power Core FMF silencer is spooging out the seams! (I know... repack it!... I will.. just not now! :lol:) And my stock silencer weighs 5 times what my FMF one weighs. My FMF silencer looks like a 89-94 stock silencer... and I really don't care for it. I swapped out the FMF for the stocker when I was in LBL and noticed absolutely no difference in sound or power. I believe the pipe is what makes the noise... anyone want to disagree? I like the design of the TCII and having a spark arrestor gives me everything I want. So... it's been ordered! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

This Q on the 'Q' has been A'd. May this thread forever be put to rest.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

fuzzy wrote:I'd run the stocker!!
You know you wouldn't! Your worse than me about buying trick parts! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

LOL!!! True...I just hate maintanance!!
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project