Carbs & 91 Octane Pump Gas Variability & Trail Tech

Got questions? We got answers....
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Dude, I just got back from Daytona and saw the baddest chopper with a centrifically-blown truimph 3-cyl on it. He said it makes 200+ RWHP on 87 octane. It actually had a rear susp(about 1.5" of travel), and he had 20,000mi on it! :supz:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Oh yeah... a Trident. The baddest bike of it's day....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Yes indeed! This one was a newer triple out of a speed triple or daytona 955i. The chassis was completely custom. It was at one of the 1,000,000 custom bike shops in daytona, but this guy just opened up down there. This was his only bike he had fully assembled (his personal bike), and he was begrudgingly busy grinding doing BS work on a couple harleys (adding chrome). He stated that none of his choppers will ever contain a HD drivetrain, and will most likely all contain the triumph twin or triple. This thing was BAD! It had a stack of seriousely custom triple equal length stright-pipes on the RH side. The centrifigul blower drive/bracket was all billet, and looked kinda funky sticking out the side but looked kind of cool from the front--who cares it was blown! It sucks I didn't have my camera. He also had a Ducati 998 motor that he was building a bike around.
BTW, nice sig. :mrgreen:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

Out of curiosity I changed my carb jets (main, needle, pilot) from 150/DEK-3/35 to 148/CEK-3/35.

The motor was less boggy, seemed to warm up faster (but, hey, it was 109F again) and had more of a ring-ting-ting-ting sound about it under acceleration rather than the "bawwwwwg" to which I have become accustomed. I can't say that the power was improved (perhaps even lessened), and the burble is still there. I attempted to do the 1/16th A/S adjustments but nothing jumped out at me.

I was going to remove the plug to see how things were in the combustion chamber but, danged if I can't find the spark plug wrench.

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R