helmet cam

Got questions? We got answers....
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

helmet cam

Post by scheckaet »

I'm thinking about buying a helmet cam set up. (cam and recorder)
what should I look for? (I'd like something that I can transfer on CD or DVD)
What are your opinion / experiences on the matter?

Thanks

:supz:
Wilf
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

KayD has it all sorted out. He's sorted out what works and what don't.

If he's not too busy attending a mucking fonkey motorcycle meeting (or whatever it is.......) he'll set you straight on everything you need.

Oh..keep in mind the PAL/NTSC issssue if he doesn't remember that not EVERYone is in the dead of winter in JUNE!.

You can find him !HERE!

Hey!! RooBoy!! Update your profile once every year or so!! :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|QBB<[/url]
canyncarvr wrote:KayD has it all sorted out. He's sorted out what works and what don't.

If he's not too busy attending a mucking fonkey motorcycle meeting (or whatever it is.......) he'll set you straight on everything you need.

Oh..keep in mind the PAL/NTSC issssue if he doesn't remember that not EVERYone is in the dead of winter in JUNE!.

You can find him !HERE!

Hey!! RooBoy!! Update your profile once every year or so!! :wink:
Hey!! BeaverBoy!! Scroll down and you'll see it was updated in MARCH. :razz: :roll: :lol: Oh and it was a Cunning Stunt motorcycle meeting tonight. :wink:

G'day Wilf, I am using one of the cheapest and most portable types of helmet cam setups I beleive to be available. My kit consists of a 1/3" Sony CCD bullet cam, an MP4 player/recorder (must have video in), external mic and battery pack for CCD cam. Looks very similar to this setup.

It will record about 1hr on a 2gb SD card. If you want even better quality then you can replace the MP4 recorder with a handy cam of your choice. The MP4 unit can record at 320x240 at 30fps. There was a post floating around with more details I'll see if I can find it.

**EDIT** FOUND IT... click me...

Have a look at this site a mate setup to sell them. His prices aren't real good but should give you an idea of what we use.

http://www.twitchy.com.au

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Mr. Roo:

My apologies. I didn't scroll down to see the 'update'.

I figured any reasonably intelligent person would just UPDATE his existing post, not ADD another. Thus I failed to observe the lastest and bestest. :shock:

Yourself obviously exceeding the reasonable and indeed flirting with the rarified strata of high-brow elitists, my figuring is corrected.

Thank you. :prayer:

Sincerely:

Image -boy.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!