Is $1600 a good price?

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Is $1600 a good price?

Post by Ryan »

we found a 1999 kdx220 with an fmf pipe and silencer for sale. Nothing wrong with it tires, are very good, nothing is loose, everything is very nice. Would $1600 be worth it, and do you think he could get that back if he was to sell it.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Is $1600 a good price?

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Ryan wrote:we found a 1999 kdx220 with an fmf pipe and silencer for sale. Nothing wrong with it tires, are very good, nothing is loose, everything is very nice. Would $1600 be worth it, and do you think he could get that back if he was to sell it.
Dunno? $1600 is pretty cheap compared to a new KTM. The KDX 220 hasn't changed (except for the various BNG) since 1999. If the bike has been well maintained and serviced properly...should be just as good as a 2005 model. Would you be able to talk the price down....maybe.

The last question is hard to answer. If he bought it for $1600, and then tried to sell it right away...well he bought it for $1600 chances are he'd eventually be able to sell it for that. If he's like anyone else, he'll ride it; add a bunch of other aftermarket stuff (KX forks, better foot pegs, frame guards, radiator guards, new plastic, pipe guard, shark fin, skid plate, hand guards...ect). Then when he decides to make a change in machine or to get out of the sport for awhile, he'll sell it for whatever the market bears or whatever gets rid of it the fastest. This price will be nowhere near what he actaully "paid" for the bike and all that stuff to go with it.

If he's looking to ride a dirtbike...buy one, make it "fit"...and ride like the wind. :mrgreen: Realise he's not going to get out the "money" he put into the machine in actual dollars...it's all about the fun factor! :boogie:

If he's looking for an investment...tell him to run, run very fast, and run very far away from dirtbikes (and cars). No matter how frugal (cheap) you are...this sport is not cheap and not an "investment"! :wink:

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ya the guy acutally is asking $2000. WE offered $1500 but he said someone elese also did but he said no. So he said i would like $maybve a little less than $1800, but if we bring cash maybe he will take it.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

alright, we went to look at the bike. Rads are straight, no graphics but some stickers, tires are both about 80%. Rear rotor is worn but you can use it probably for another season or two. Pads in front and rear are like 75%. Seat had a small tear. The headlight was aftermarket and had two small lights. I only saw that one worked. It has an fmf Gnarly pipe on the bike and a aluminum guard. It has a skid plate. No bark busters. The swingarm and kickstand were painted like a brown and black, weird color, and the frame was kinda painted on the wear marks poorly. But it is not evident from a distance. It has a procircut silencer which is pretty quite. It ran really nice, good throttle response. It started 3 kicks cold at the dealer. Plastic was a tad scuffed up but not too bad. It has a heavier Race tech rear spring and fork springs. Seals were good. no play in swingarm or wheel bearings. Overall maybe a 8 of 10. The dealer said i could have it for $1700 but i said i would wait and see if he would take $1600. Does that seem like a good price?? Or should we wait for a better deal? thanks
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

soudns like y'all want something for nothing, a bike like that could EASILY fetch 2 or mabye 2500 no problems, and to a greedy W.o.p, like myself 3 pushing it, like they say "Thers a sucker for everyone", i guess bikes are a LOT cheaper and easir to get in the States then over here. Also a KDX is a super Rare bike up here anway, so iunno, ya'll do the math :roll:
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
4Rider
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 4Rider »

Did you buy it? Where is it at? Where are you at?
'02 KDX 220, '06 KTM 525 EXC Dualsport (CA Plated) '00 KTM 640 Adventure R (for sale), '04 KTM 400 EXC, '96 Honda XR400R Dualsport (CA Plated), Were not lost, we're right here......