Fair Price?

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Fair Price?

Post by motorhed220 »

Hey guys, i was wondering if $4500 is a fair price for my bike, which i am obviously thinking of selling. Its Bone stock, not abused, is a 2005, It has No decals cept the white "one" on the headlight, which has a few chips in it. No harsh treatment and has had regular oil changes and proper maintainance. Ie, greaing, heated storage over the winter, regular cleaning after EVERY ride, oil changes after 75 km. Im selling in Canada, and so it would be 4500 Cdn. Also i just put a NEW rear tire n the back and cleaned the Air Filter, and replaced the Light switch.
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I paid $4000 Amurikun money for my '04, have done around $1500 worth of upgrades to it, and would be pretty danged happy to get $2000 for it. I kinda think you're dreaming. But P.T. Barnum had a point..
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

Paid 6200, BRAND NEW from the daler, i have not even had it fer a Year and your saying i LOST 2 g's? Are you Baked and F**ked 3 ways to the weekend?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Have you checked prices on 1 year old bikes? They are the worse investment you will ever make....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

????? I Cannot believe im Hearing this? Are you guys telling me a Bone stock, MINT condition bike, good maintainance, with a NEW back tire, will lose me 2 grand? Cumon guys...how low should i go then?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

>|<>QBB<
motorhed220 wrote:Are you Baked and F**ked 3 ways to the weekend?
Hahahahahaha, must be.....

Good luck selling it, you'll need it. :roll:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
motorhed220 wrote:????? I Cannot believe im Hearing this? Are you guys telling me a Bone stock, MINT condition bike, good maintainance, with a NEW back tire, will lose me 2 grand? Cumon guys...how low should i go then?
To quote Vince...
Have you checked prices on 1 year old bikes? They are the worse investment you will ever make....
He's a wise man.

You need to do some research into what people are asking for 2005 KDX's. That will determin the price you should start at. Then, after 6 months or so...lower it a couple a hundred.

I paid $3100US for a new old stock 2003 KDX220 in 2004. Added $2000 or so worth of goodies and sold it for $2700 in 2006 (approx 1.5 years later). Did I get my monies worth...H*ll yes. :supz: Did I lose money...H*ll yes. :wink:

That is the nature of the sport. If your looking for an investment, dirtbikes aint it! Unless you like your investments to decline. Also, don't invest in cars either...very few appriciate. I paid $3000 for my toyota...put $6000 or so into it for repairs over the last 5 years...just sold it for $2500. Whoo Who...almost enough to retire! :roll:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26173#26173

Here's a good one for less than $2800CAD and it a modded 06 !!!

You asked for advise and then got an attitude when told an honest answer. Have a bit of respect. :evil: Like I said good luck.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Dang...if I'd have sold the truck and KDX in Canadian Dollars instead of US, I'd have made ~$500 more on them. :?
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

good luck bub! theres an 05 220 here in Texas for 4100.00 US fresh sit en thar on the show room floor, a fella good walk it out the door probly fer under 4gs.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Whatnot: 'i have not even had it fer a Year and your saying i LOST 2 g's?'

No.

You lost '2 g's' when the beam-detect sensor showed you were out the showroom floor door.
Last edited by canyncarvr on 03:13 pm Jun 30 2006, edited 1 time in total.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Indeed. THis is why we generlaly recommend buying a used bike. Of course someone had to buy new bikes or they would quit making them....Oh wait. They did.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project