FMF Woods or Desert pipe for my '06 KDX 200?

Got questions? We got answers....
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

okay...thanks...and im going to get the pipe and silencer soon hopefully and i hope everythings a good fit...is the powercore2 better than the turbinecore 2?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Get the TCII... or you might find yourself unable to ride in some places. Also... it's the responsible thing to do... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

well what im after is more power...
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

You won't notice a bit of difference...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

okay, thank again! and where is the cheapest place to get the pipe, silencer, and jets?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Shop around.... http://rockymountainatv.com or http://monkeybuttparts.com usually has good prices on pipes and such... Jets you will have to get from a dealer or http://sudco.com
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i was able to hear both the turbine core II(i own it) and my cousins power core II. As far as noise the powercore was a good bit louder. So i repacked it and now it is very quite, still a tad louder than the turbine core II but not much. As far as power difference none was noticed.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

alright, thanks a lot guys...
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

and has anyone ordered from monkeybuttparts.com? is it reliable and good and all that?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yep.... great service! :supz:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

awoodman

Post by awoodman »

awesome. did i hear that it is necessary to breaka pipe in or something? if so, how do i?
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
awoodman wrote:awesome. did i hear that it is necessary to breaka pipe in or something? if so, how do i?

after you bolt the pipe on you have to go out and ride the snot out of it. if not it just wont work as good in the driveway, also while riding you cant hear your wife nagging at you about spending so much on the bike.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

haha, good...so I just ride it like I normally would? just rev it a lot? no problem...thanks
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

so if im running a 32:1 mixture and at 300 ft. elevation, and have a FMF Gnarly Desert and PowerCore2 silenver, I should put in 155 main and 45 pilot jets? And what should the little air screw be set at, and can you tel me what it means? Like when you say 1/2 turn, does that me screw it all the way in, then out 1/2 a turn? Sorry, new to fine tuning. I wont be doing the reeds right now, but I did order the pipe, silencer, and the jets you told me, so I hope it all works out! They are on they way from FRPOFFROAD. Thanks again guys!
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

155MJ and 45PJ is a good place to start anyways, it will probably be a bit rich still.

Yea, all the way in on the air screw and then about 1.5 turns out, tune it in from there. Screwing it out makes it leaner, in makes it richer, only affects 0-1/4 throttle though.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I like my 12/47 combo on the 220. I find my self running 3-4 gear in crap I would have been riding 2-3 gear in. Also, I can leave the bike in 3rd, fan the clutch in single track & continue boucing off trees with the up most speed :rolleyes:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

>|<>QBB<
Green Hornet wrote:I like my 12/47 combo on the 220. I find my self running 3-4 gear in crap I would have been riding 2-3 gear in. Also, I can leave the bike in 3rd, fan the clutch in single track & continue boucing off trees with the up most speed :rolleyes:
I plan to screw with my gearing sometime after I get the engine tuned in, so ill look back at this thread, at what you said while im changing sprockets. Thanks for the help!

And, strider80, how exactly do i tell if its too lean or rich? Do I just back it out until the bogging has stopped and the engine is running smoother? Id hate to go too lean and damage the engine.
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

Start at 1.5 turns, let the bike warm up then screw in the air screw till it wants to die then screw it out till it idles good then screw it out some more till it runs rough then put the screw somewhere in between. Once you get it close you can fine tune it for crisp throttle response.

The air screw only affects the mixture from 0-1/4 thottle, so not too much risk of damage, not very much heat being generated at low revs.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
strider80
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by strider80 »

>|<>QBB<
awoodman wrote:and has anyone ordered from monkeybuttparts.com? is it reliable and good and all that?
I have ordered 3 times from monkey in the last month, everything has been great.
2005 KTM 250EXC
2000 KDX200 (gone)
awoodman

Post by awoodman »

okay, thanks, i got the pipe and silencer and jets from frpoffroad instead