used bike changing pre-mix and ratio

Got questions? We got answers....
TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

used bike changing pre-mix and ratio

Post by TopperHarley »

Just picked up an 02KDX220R yesterday. The person I porchased it from used KLOTZ full synthetic at 32:1. I want to change it to what I use in my 05KDX220R. Amsoil Interceptor at 50:1. this will be running richer...more ppm of fuel than oil, I beleive. Think I will have to rejet to get it to run good. Would it be smarter to just have a separate gas can for the Klotz 32:1 for the other bike?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Nah... swap it out and rejet....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by TopperHarley »

Not having done that, and not knowing much about it, the rejet thing seems a little intimidating. but I guess learning about it and getting my hands into it is the only way to overcome it. I just hate the reading and learning part. Just want the instant gratification of understanding it and getting it done. sucks I dont have an area by my house to test run it and plug chop.
If you run into Heidi, have her look me up in her little black book and give me a call.
Im feelin a little wild today.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GATEWAY2-STROKE
2005 KDX220 mine
2003 KDX220 mine(under construction)
1998 KDX220 1/2 Brother-in-laws, soon his own
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just put the same jets that you have in your 05. And check the needle position and duplicate that. Then... you should be close!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
TopperHarley
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by TopperHarley »

problem is, the 05 is stone stock untill I send in my head and carb to RB and install my Wiseco piston, VF3 reeds, gnarlydessert. the 02 has been rejetted with Wiseco piston, polished exhasust ports, boysen power reeds, pro-circuit pipe and silencer. think I will just have to change the mix and start from scratch. The 05 will be easy because RB will be jetting it for my elevation and mods.
If you run into Heidi, have her look me up in her little black book and give me a call.
Im feelin a little wild today.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/GATEWAY2-STROKE
2005 KDX220 mine
2003 KDX220 mine(under construction)
1998 KDX220 1/2 Brother-in-laws, soon his own
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Put you bikes in the Bike Profiles section.... this way you and the members have a reference of what you have and the mods.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

As inda said, change to your desired fuel and run it. You won't be risking damage, and then you can learn how to jet w/ the stock unit.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

You will be doing yourself a huge favor getting your feet wet in the jetting arena. 'Things change' as far as jetting requirements on a regular basis. That Mr. Black (or anyone else) sets up a carb for 'something' doesn't mean that thing is never going to change.

Gee...as long as you have two of 'em...might as well have a 200 and a 220. You could choose between the two based on what kind of ride you were after for the day!

But, yeah. To answer your question, change the oil and rejet as required.

Have fun!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!