revisiting the "broken mystery pin floating around.&quo

Got questions? We got answers....
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

You know, it sure is a good karma thing since it did come out the way it did and before the enduro. It would have really sucked if the bike cabbed half-way through the ride.
You guys are the best!!! :prayer:
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

BTW: It seems like I had my jetting pretty spot-on. Is this going to change things dramatically?
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Some, I'd expect. The port timing of the engine changes considerably (well, so does the spark timing) in the KIPS 'on' RPM range.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Try not to loop the thing and break your neck! The bottom end is going to be very different.

Have fun!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

ya, good luck with the bike and enjoy it. i will also be testing mine on trails for the first time later today in about an hour. i'm soo excited!!! :grin: can't wait to see how it runs.

good luck at the race tomorrow. :grin:
Kevin
'00 KDX 200
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Screw Karma and the horse she rode in on! The enduro has been cancelled due to heavy rains in Massachusetts. Oh well. I got the part and will spend the rest of the afternoon working on the bike. My brother-in-law is going to come up here to VT. and we are doing a route-sheet loop courtesy of NETRA! Real rocky ride so I can't wait to see how his bike does with the new trials tire he just spooned on.
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

YEEEEEHAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I take it that your bike is performing very well....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Oh man is it good! It sounds different. It rides different. It is a whole new bike to me! We loaded up the roll charts this morning with a 41 mile loop that had not been revised since 1993! Needles to say, we ended up adding about 20mi. to it just to figure it out. We both ran out of gas as we pulled up to the car. It was so much fun and I am convinced that the little green machine is the bees-knees!
No matter what gear and what speed I could loft the front end over anything that came up with narry a fan of the clutch. So sweet being able to ride down low in the power band and short shift through the gnarly terrain.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I always say cat's @ss... but I know what you mean! :lol:

Yeah... I'm stickin' with the little green machine too! :supz:

Wow... so you never knew how a KDX is supposed to perform? :shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Well, I had only ridden the bike in stock form about 4 or 5 times before putting it in the basement for the winter. After doing all of the mods at once and starting out fresh in the spring, I had forgotten how it was to compare. BTW; The jetting is now spot on in the sense that there are no weird hiccups that can't be cleaned up. The plug is showing an even distribution of color over the entire ceramic unlike before it had a spot that was darker. Like it was facing the port that was not opening correctly.
crazyaboutriding

Post by crazyaboutriding »

ya, i know exactly what you mean. i rode mine on some tough trails for the first time of knowing the true ability of power. like you said, no matter what gear or what speed, just give it a little flutter of the clutch and it'll go right up/over it. we had gone on a big 55 mile ride that had not been worked on for ever and a big sieries of 20 foot rock faces and i am sure glad that it had all that bottom end. i had come close to running out of fule, but made it thankfully!!! :grin:

too bad that race had been canceled. :sad:
Kevin
'00 KDX 200