Over Touchy KDX

Got questions? We got answers....
cfspawn

Over Touchy KDX

Post by cfspawn »

Hi all
Went for a ride on the weekend and finding that my bike is way to touchy on the Kips powerband and just seems to peak way to early. I just put a new fatty pipe and silcencer on a couple of weeks ago. probably needs re jetting as it seems to me as its running way to rich. im gonna drain the tranny oil as well incase its low or thin. any ideas would be great.
DMrides220

Post by DMrides220 »

I just installed the gnarley desert pipe and after doing so it had a small bog on the bottom that i didn't notice untili I rode it for a while. And then a huge hit in the middle. I went down one size on the pilot jet and now she is super smooth bottom to top.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

A bog usually means a lean condition.
A smaller pilot jet would usually make the situation worse, not better.

Did you adjust the air screw? What is it set at?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
DMrides220

Post by DMrides220 »

The bog didn't get better until I was 41/2 turns out on the air screw. Went to a 40 pilot 21/2 turns and wow what a difference. I was a little dissapointed in my $200 pipe until changing a $4 jet. Now I hardly ever use my clutch I can almost stall it and just roll on. Soooo smoth!
cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

the throttle response is still excellent on mine just jumps into powerband way to quick for my liking it only does it in high revs.
cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

i would say i have lost my mid range almost completly
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Check the fitment of your pipe and silencer.

Your pipe will regulate that to some extent and if you have a big airleak somewhere... the pipe can't do it's job.

Did you put 2 o-rings on and use the big flat brass washer when assembling the pipe to the cylinder?

What type of silencer are you using?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
cfspawn

Post by cfspawn »

Yes i did.. i am using a new powercore silencer to suit. my orignal stock had a bad leak from the port as it was bent from a bad stack and i didnt have any hassles from what i can tell there is no leaks..
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Do a plug chop my friend !!! :wink:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."