hand gaurds

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

hand gaurds

Post by Ryan »

Im looking at the cyrca hand gaurds. I can get ones for a yamaha and suzuki i think for a really good price. if i buy them can i just buy new mounts to make them fit on my kdx or will they not work?? thanks
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

what mounts are you talking about? if they are bar mounted , it doesn't matter what bike they go on, as long as the bars are 7/8" or 1-1/8". If they are mounting to the upper triple tree, it matters whether the pinch bolts are in the front or side of the clamp. You also need longer pinch bolts for those.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well when i went to there site, they had three differnt mount type that went on bars. They have the pro taper mounts, the standars 7/8 in mounts and then the magura mounts. the ones i am looking at are magura mounts. I have protaper and i was wondering if it would be worth buying this kit and them buying the protaper mounts. Also do you know the price for the pro taper mounts??? thanks
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

?? :blink: Look at their site and they tell you how much everything costs. I would recommend buying the right stuff as a kit. They even give you the color you want.
Mike

'04 KDX220
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i was just wondering how much new pro taper bar mounts are, i cant see to find a price.
2001 kdx220

1987 honda xl250
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

if you email them , they get back to you. I went with the triple clamp mount for mine. If I was buying the bar mount type, I'd just get them at a shop. Same price around here as on the web , but no shipping.
Mike

'04 KDX220
crazybrit

Post by crazybrit »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:if you email them , they get back to you. I went with the triple clamp mount for mine. If I was buying the bar mount type, I'd just get them at a shop. Same price around here as on the web , but no shipping.
Interesting. I couldn't get the triple clamp mounts to work worth a damn.
I sent Cycra pics. Guess we have different geometry bars.

I think they are the bomb in terms of protection but they don't offer a lot of adjustability.

There are two different styles of bar mounts btw, the ones with the linkage and the stronger (4 bolt) ones which are linkageless.

Tony
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

I've got KX high bend Pro Taper bars with about 1/2" cut off each end, '03 KX forks, Scotts triple clamp. The triple clamp guard mounts won't work with a stock '03 KX triple clamp cuz the pinch bolts come in from the back.
Mike

'04 KDX220