High Compression Moose Head Gasket

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX200Kev

High Compression Moose Head Gasket

Post by KDX200Kev »

Has anyone used the Moose high compression head gasket on their KDX? If so do you like the results and would you do it again? Thanks for your response.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I have not.

Ron Black (RB-Designs) reconfigured my 200 head. I DO like the results and I WOULD do it agin.

Well...I kind'a already did...on two Banshees.

It's an even better option for the 220, 'cuz heads on the BIG BORE (sniggle) KDX are generally in worse shape (consistency-wise) than the 200 heads. Kind'a like pistons in the two bikes I guess.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDX200Kev

Post by KDX200Kev »

I saw in aother post that you had Jeff Fredette port your cylinder. Would you recommend this with the RB head modification?
>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:I have not.

Ron Black (RB-Designs) reconfigured my 200 head. I DO like the results and I WOULD do it agin.

Well...I kind'a already did...on two Banshees.

It's an even better option for the 220, 'cuz heads on the BIG BORE (sniggle) KDX are generally in worse shape (consistency-wise) than the 200 heads. Kind'a like pistons in the two bikes I guess.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

KDX200Kev wrote:I saw in aother post that you had Jeff Fredette port your cylinder. Would you recommend this with the RB head modification?
Image :lol:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:shock:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Ron modified my 200 head in an attempt to resolve problems I had with the cylinder after I got the cylinder back. Ron's work was beneficial, but it didn't fix the problems completely. No reason to expect it should have...hoped it would, but it wasn't his doing to 'fix' in the first place.

Re: 'Would you recommend this with the RB head modification?'

No.

Do understand that the RB part of it is fine..standalone or with other modification. It's some part of the port job that is not fine. I'm tending toward the US Chrome replate that's the problem, not the porting specifically, but I have yet to know that for sure.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!