Snorkel...?

Got questions? We got answers....
motorhed220

Snorkel...?

Post by motorhed220 »

What exactly is this snorkel that i have been hearing about, and how do i remove it? FMF says that ity should be removed to help power...im not opposed to that but will it make my bike more vulnerable to mud and crap like that???
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

It's a little rubber thing in the airbox lid. If your bike was new when you bought it, it should be there. If you got it used, the previous owner is probably saving it for you in a landfill somewhere.

Will removing it make your bike more vulnerable to water and mud? Of course. If you ride in seat-deep water, it's just a matter of time before you drown it even with the snorkle. I don't do that, so I don't even have a lid on my airbox.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

re: 'mud-n crap like that'

It's not a bad idea to fashion a piece of flap out of something to fit into that space...between the top of the shock and the airbox.

Removing the lid or snorkel is an old 'cheap' KDX hop-up. I left my snorkel on. I would never dispose of such a bit of obviously petroleum derived by-product in my landfill. I mean...God Bless America, Save The Whales and Protect Our Lands, right?

BTW...

You know that some people riding bikes actually pee in the woods when they gotta go!!?? They don't have the decency to ride back to a suitable voiding area, or at least carry a pee bottle with them for later disposal in an 'approved' sanitation facility!

And don't get me started on POOP!

I drilled my airbox cover full of holes..left the snorkel on. Personally, I don't care for the noise you get as a result of no snorkel/no cover.

I think the drilled bits-o-stuff are still on my shop floor..I wouldn't want to pollute the landfill with the shavings!

Actually...I just don't clean up my shop very often...............

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!