license plate holder

Got questions? We got answers....
rollerman

license plate holder

Post by rollerman »

i just got a plate for my 03 220 i'm using a frp brakelight switch which uses the stock taillight what are guys using to mount your plate...
thank you
tom
03 kdx 220 mine
05 pw 80 son
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I switched up the whole kit by putting on a Maier MX style rear fender and an Acerbis LED taillight with a plate holder on it. The MX fender allowed me to put on a Moose folding tool kit that is really nice too. If you look at Jeff's site you see the picture of the bike with the stock fender and a plate holder below it. It is the Acerbis rig I have. He sells them for $40. The reason why I switched the whole thing up was I did not want the add-on, cobbie look with two separate lights. The set up I have now looks so cool and clean. The stock light would go through lightbulbs like crazy too. The LED is bright yet uses less power so your headlight gets brighter as well. It is wired for a brake light switch. All you need is a few bullet style connectors and you can plug right in to the stock wiring harness. You can get the Maier fender from Jeff too.
Hey, I just noticed that your from NH. We should hook up and ride sometime. I live in Vermont, next to Stratton Mt.
If you would like to see a pic, I should get off my lazy butt and update my album. Maybe today since it is still raining. :mad:
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Riding! Yeah, I belong to NETRA and just got the route sheets for the only 3 rides in Vermont. My Brother-in-law and I are planning on hitting all of them this summer and would be psyched to have one or two more riding buddies for the trips. They are in Southern Vermont on the eastern side of the state so a little closer to NH. We are into checking out what you guys have over your way too. We don't have an easy way to get bored here either. I have 5 or so different rides that leave right from my house on GPS. All of them are at least 40 miles of gnar-gnar! :supz:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

KD-Are you going to the Reading Off Road Riders HS in Pennsylvania this sunday the 11th. Its an ECEA HS, but I have seen NETRA guys there.
http://www.ecea.org

http://www.rorr.org/index.htm
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

No, I can't. Leaving Friday for a week long camping trip with my wife and two boys. After this trip though, I will be stylin' and will start with the Rocktoberfast Enduro in Lee, Mass. I think it is the end of this month.
KDX_Kuhn

Post by KDX_Kuhn »

I just drilled two 1/4 holes near the base of the tail light on the rear fender and zip-tied my plate on. 67.7 miles later she is still hanging on. I ride by bike two miles to work each day and the local pigs aint looked twice. I'll report back later ...
2003 KDX220R
1972 Rupp 440!

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
rollerman

Post by rollerman »

http://www.scottsperformance.com/produc ... ike=Yamaha i found this to use the wr 250 or 450 are the same as an kdx 200 or 220 :razz:
03 kdx 220 mine
05 pw 80 son