VERY Tight Clutch Lever ???

Got questions? We got answers....
jwh02017

Post by jwh02017 »

canyncarvr: YES, I did use the bad MP cable with the new springs. I could tell it was alot better than before. I wanted to see if I could make it even better so I went ahead and replaced the bad MP cable and it made it super easy to pull. In my opinion, I think the springs had slowly started getting worse and worse. When I first bought the bike a little over a month ago, (looking back) I think the springs needed replaced then. I say this because "if" the clutch was getting harder and harder to pull, the first thing to give way would be the old crappy cable. Before all the cable problems, one day I was washing my bike and I noticed the cable had started to fray. I didn't think that much about it, I just told myself that it would probably need to be replaced before too long. So anyways, the cable finally gave way and I replaced it with a "not so good" cable. This "not so good" cable would have made a brand new bike have a harder clutch pull. So I think now I was feeling a harder clutch pull because of the new cable, and also it was harder because I was feeling the full force of the bad clutch springs. I wasn't feeling the bad springs before because the cable was failing.... the worse the springs got, the more the cable frayed. Like I said this is only my opinion of what happened. When I was putting everything back together, the bike was on the kickstand. I can see how it would be easier if the bike was on it's side.

It's nice to be able to ride the bike again without having hand cramps 2 days after I ride....haha

Justin
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I didn't go back and re-read everything...sorry, but just one more time?

The 'bad' MP cable was new?
The current cable (that works..that replace the bad MP cable) came from where? You said you got another, but don't know if it's OEM or not.

This is a true statement?

A new OEM cable works much better than a new MP cable...even a longitudinally wound hot-rod MP cable.

Yes?

Thanks.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
jwh02017

Post by jwh02017 »

Yes, the "BAD" MP cable was new (Motion Pro Terminator Clutch Cable Part# 063193). The "GOOD" MP cable was also new (Motion Pro Clutch Cable - 2000 KAWASAKI KDX200 Part# 063192) and they both came from Rocky Mountain ATV. In the previous pics, the cable that is installed on the bike is the "GOOD" MP cable. In the pic of the two cables, one cable is the broken factory cable, and the other cable is the "BAD" MP cable. The main difference I could see between the "GOOD" & "BAD" cables was where the adjustment nut was positioned.... one was on the right side and the other was on the left side. I think you should be able to see this if you look very closely at the pics.

I never bought an OEM cable. I was going to, but the places I checked with didn't have any in stock. I would have went with a OEM cable because I'm sure they are better since they were designed for the bike, but I had to use what I could get.

Does this make any better since? Let me know if you still have any questions. Sometimes my fingers can't type what my brain is thinking :rolleyes:

Justin
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I got it just fine.

Thanks!

Well, I did have to read, 'In the previous pics, the cable that is installed on the bike is the "GOOD" MP cable.' a couple of times...but that's 'cuz my brain can't think what my eyes are seeing. :wink:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!