Answer vs. Fox gear

Got questions? We got answers....
NM_KDX200

Answer vs. Fox gear

Post by NM_KDX200 »

Do any of you have Answer gear? I'm looking at some vented stuff on Ebay and am wondering about the fit. I wear Fox 360 in 34 W and they fit really well but have no experience with Answer. I have chunky thighs (bicycling!) and wear Asterisk Cell knee braces, so room is good.

Do you have an opinion of the quality of either of these? Fox has worked well for me.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

Answer Gear is just as good as Fox, In my opinion. When it comes to clothing, what your paying for is the Name. Period. I happen to use answer gear, and i find it works just as well as all my buddies with Fox or Thor Gear. Mind also looks just as good. I do not know what model, or what brand of Answer your plan to get, but i can tell you that The ION brand is Premo. It clans well, works well, and is comfy enough.

In reality, almost all the gear from the big names (O'neal, Thor, Fox, MSR, Answer) its all the same deal, same quaility. IMO. So get whatever is cheaper or looks best. If You like fox, then might as well stick with it.
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I have chunky thighs (bicycling!) SURE!!!!! :wink: lipo suckion might work for that :grin:
Also, how do the Asterisk Cell knee braces work for you. My knees are getting bitchy now & I'm looking for some support.
The riding gear you wear is up to you. All makers have good stuff, even THOR who I'm boycotting right now. I have a pair of T-30 boots that have the straps, tearing from the boot on the heat shield side (non-repairable). Only 20-25hrs on them and Denniskirk said, they have determined that the problem is not a warranty issue (Thor advised me to contact the vender who I bought from) I guess thats why that model is discontinued now. Sorry for the hi-jack but makers have to start somewhere. :partyman:
I just bought these
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product ... e=closeout

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product ... e=closeout
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
Green Hornet wrote:Also, how do the Asterisk Cell knee braces work for you.
I like them. I was out riding at the MX track yesterday in 98 deg temps and my lower end was pretty comfortable. I wear an EVS suit and with an unvented jersey, my top end was pretty hot, thus the search for vented gear. Anyway, I like the Cells- when I have them on, I really don't notice them and I don't notice them at all when I'm riding. Can't say whether they work or not except that my knees are still working. I had one bad crash on the KDX the very first time I wore the braces. Got arm pump and over-jumped a tabletop/drop-off and smashed into the off side of the drop off. Broke my helmet, crushed my glasses and gave me a black eye. Broke a strap on the Cells. Who knows what it might've been like w/out the gear???

Other than that, most of my crashes are low-sides. I had a kind of funny one yesterday. I rode some friend's RMZ450 and YZ426F- my first time on a big thumper. Then I got back on my KX125. Hit a sandy berm and was totally out of the powerband (moving from a 450F to a 125 can do that, I guess!!!), and I just fell over. The funny part was that there I was laying on my side with my leg under the bike still on the footpeg, the clutch in, the throttle on...I was in complete control except for the fact that I was laying on my side. If I'd had a gyroscope in my wheel (like the RC RC dirtbike that Radio Shack has...), I could've just gassed it and taken off again!.

Anyway, I've got a bid in on the Answer gear. "Patriot" colors so it'll work with anything.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
Green Hornet wrote:Also, how do the Asterisk Cell knee braces work for you.
I like them. I was out riding at the MX track yesterday in 98 deg temps and my lower end was pretty comfortable. I wear an EVS suit and with an unvented jersey, my top end was pretty hot, thus the search for vented gear. Anyway, I like the Cells- when I have them on, I really don't notice them and I don't notice them at all when I'm riding. Can't say whether they work or not except that my knees are still working. I had one bad crash on the KDX the very first time I wore the braces. Got arm pump and over-jumped a tabletop/drop-off and smashed into the off side of the drop off. Broke my helmet, crushed my glasses and gave me a black eye. Broke a strap on the Cells. Who knows what it might've been like w/out the gear???

Other than that, most of my crashes are low-sides. I had a kind of funny one yesterday. I rode some friend's RMZ450 and YZ426F- my first time on a big thumper. Then I got back on my KX125. Hit a sandy berm and was totally out of the powerband (moving from a 450F to a 125 can do that, I guess!!!), and I just fell over. The funny part was that there I was laying on my side with my leg under the bike still on the footpeg, the clutch in, the throttle on...I was in complete control except for the fact that I was laying on my side. If I'd had a gyroscope in my wheel (like the RC RC dirtbike that Radio Shack has...), I could've just gassed it and taken off again!.

Anyway, I've got a bid in on the Answer gear. "Patriot" colors so it'll work with anything.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125