Replacement Tubes?

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX_Kuhn

Replacement Tubes?

Post by KDX_Kuhn »

I got a 5 day riding vacation coming up and was going to buy a set of spare tubes for the ol' girl. Stock tire size is 80/90 -21 on the front and 100/80 -18 on the rear. I would asume the tube sizes are the same as the tire size, right? I can't seem to track down those exact sizes locally. Does anyone know if there is an equivilant that works? ...and what brands if any to stay away from. Help! :cry:
2003 KDX220R
1972 Rupp 440!

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I always buy what's available. any 21 or 18 will work. Just try to get close.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Rockymountain should have the tubes you want in stock and can ship them overnight if necessary.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

rubber tubes leak air slowly and shed little balls of "stuff" during use. The other type, can't remember what they are called, don't leak and don't shed...... BUT they do wrinkle easily during installation. I prefer rubber and I change them every time I install a new tire. Others prefer the other type. I've never had a flat with the old fashioned rubber ones but seem to always pinch the other types during an install. The other types are just not as forgiving that way.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!