It's Over

Got questions? We got answers....
mattR

It's Over

Post by mattR »

Kawi has the 07 bikes on their web page and the only off road models are the KLX 110 and KLX 300R. Good news is that the KX450F is now a 5 speed I heard.
97 KDX 220
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

The end of an era! :cry: The offroad line up sure looks slim for Kawi. I'd sure hope they are cooking up something for a mid year intro.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
the trail rider

Post by the trail rider »

very sad day indeed. I am pretty sure they are going to follow in honda's footsteps and make off road 250f and 450f's into their lineup.
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Hopefully if/when they do they will return to the KDX name and not use the KLX nameplate.

KLX, just another name for slower and heavier than a KDX :wink:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Why is it that only KTM and Gas Gas are still able to offer a complete line of two-smokes. You would think that the Japanese would want to offer something to compete with them. Especially since we all know that two is better than four in the woods. I must say though, my brother-in-law just got a Gasser and it is really nice. It uses a perimeter frame like the KDX and is hand made. The gas tank morphs its way down around the engine so it is flat up across the top. It makes for super quick transitions on the saddle. The engine is totally built too. It came stock with a hydro clutch, FMF pipe and silencer and the Boyesen Rad Valve.
It is a slow rever compared to a KTM and it hooks up wicked!!! He may be on to something. I heard they are indestructible...... We will see. I may be getting one of their trials bikes this fall and I think I could see myself adding one of the enduros to the stable someday. Of course, I will keep this sweet little KDX for the long haul! :mrgreen:
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

My second boy (in Montana) just bought himself a 06 GasGas EC 300 - he is impressed so far. I haven't seen it yet but looking forward to giving it a spin. From rag reviews the frame ergos may be similar to the KDX . He says he likes the set-up but he is about 6'3" so I don't know if it is a new bike thing or if the reviews could be wrong or both or a little of both, or etc. I worry a little about parts availability myself. (When I bought my 1st KTM in Oct of 97 I did not realize how hard parts would be to come by in Idaho. By 99 there was not a problem due in part to the dealerships that took on KTMs but also the internet provided me access to parts that my local dealer was having to wait 6 weeks for)

Anyway - for die hard KDXs there will be an opportunity coming up - prices typically drop on new bikes that have been discontinued - now is your chance to pick-up a single or six-pack of KDXs to last you and yours the rest of your riding life. :supz: I wonder what JF will do - after racing KDXs for all these years I would hate to see him change to anything else. :cry:
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

It was only a matter of time, As soon as 2004 rolled around, with all the top selling bikes being big bore 4, and all companies going 4 stroke, i knew the KDX's time was limited, its days were numbered.

But the reasons for killing the KDX are obvious. Money, Time, and the Industry direction.

Kawi makes all their coin off the Motocross and street bike genres. And with the Off Road class slowing becoming dominatled by Converted MX bikes, its easier to eliminate the OffRoad Class specific models and just make generic MX oriented bikes.

Further more, with the Motorsports industry growing as fast as it is, The masses of uneducated, unkowing people will only buy what is shown to them on TV and in the movies.

KTM is keepin their bikes because of the succes they have had in the OFF ROAD world, Plus, KTM was origionaly a OFF ROAD Company that has its ROOTS in the trails. KTM is just gettin into the MX business serioulsy now, so the two stroker days may even be numbered in their camp as well.
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!
mattR

Post by mattR »

Know a few guys with the GG EC's and they are a like a new and much improved KDX.
97 KDX 220
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Fredette said "he has enough KDX parts to last him awhile, but he does ride a 4stroker on occcassion in events. I guess what he rides is going to be up to the contigency program of Kawasaki. If Kawasaki makes a 250/450F (X) like Honda did, it would not be such a bad thing, but if I can not get my hands on another good KDX within the next couple of years for my son, then I will probably have to go Orange 2stroke. The 4stroker maint. & cost is a BIG TURNOFF to me.
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

The big three in japan are totally in cahoots w/ the AMA, and the AMA has dictated where the bike world will go....4 stroke. The Euro manufacturers could give a crap, and still build 2T enduros.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
it175
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by it175 »

There is a nice company in Quebec Canada that has brought back the name
CAN AM With their E TEC tecnology one can only hope THEY might fill the viod.

And be on this side of the big ponds.
If you ride OVER your head. You WILL land on IT!!!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

AMA in cahoots with?

I doubt the enviromental whackos dictate to the AMA what bikes or types of bikes they 'dictate'.

Somewhat of an aside...but any nannywhacker that thinks things like 'No Smoking' laws and 'Universal Health Care' (run by your friend The Government) are GOOD..I hope you enjoy the death of the 2-stroke bike and the future regulation of cheeseburgers, fries and every other thing used or consumed by humans.

Heck..the same boob that thinks the former are great examples of being taken care of by MindCentral probably thinks regulation of cheeseburgers is a good thing, too.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

My co-worker bought a "STHILL" Weed Wacker. Now get this has a 4 STROKE ENGINE, that you have to use PRE MIX.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
This enviormental crap has me going bat **** crazy :rolleyes:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr