Ordered up the Delta V-Force III

Got questions? We got answers....
kdennan

Ordered up the Delta V-Force III

Post by kdennan »

I ordered the reed cage this morning and am sending my forks to Factory Connection to be tuned. Happy with this, so I had to share the good news.
I have been running the 607 reeds and still not so satisfied with the overall response off the bottom. I am waiting though to do the RB mods over the next winter.
I sold my 99' XR 600 last night but wifey has plans for the lot of it so I don't know if the W.E.R damper is going to be ordered right now. I'll keep you posted. :supz:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

'99 XR600?

Gee...I don't know why there would be any lack of satisfaction '..with the overall response off the bottom.' of a KDX... :wink:

The DF reedcage is an excellent 'upgrade'..as is a RB modified carby, but likely a tad less 'response' off the bottom compared to your big bore 4STR.

Is Factory Connection a dealer for some suspension outfit, or they do their own stuff?

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Yeah, they are like Race Tech. (in-house) They have expanded out west though and you see top pro's like Mike LaRocco running with their legs under em'. My old 90' KTM 300 was suspended by them too.
Check out their killer intro at factoryconnection.com
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Obviously something I should've been aware of, I guess.

Thanks for the info.

Enjoy the new goodies!

Consider the source

kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I got the forks back from FC today along with some fresh DP pads for the front stopper. Of course, I followed up with the quick presto-chango V-Force 3 reed cage. I have to put it this way;
If the suspension had not been tuned the bike would most likely scare me! The instantaneous snap of the wheel into the sky was just what I was looking for! The reed/cage is awesome! It feels as though all of the other mods, as few as there are tapped into the new and improved fuel delivery. I turned my airscrew back to 1.5 out since we are having a wonderful start to our summer with one rainstorm after another and the temps. here in the mts. is lurking around 60. The woods are starting to get a little too saturated for even the likes of me.

The forks feel great on the driveway, which is actually a good indication of something good happening in there. What I mean is, that my dirt driveway has some stutters from tractor and excavator tracks and a few scattered rocks ranging in size from that of a golf ball to a baseball. Before the revalve I could feel all of it with a bit of a headshake or deflection... a harshness. Now it is gone! It is all gone. The bike feels planted and steady cuz' those KYB's are sucking it all up. Now I have to wait until a week from Friday to actually ride it cause I'm off with dear wifey and the boys for a camping trip! Hopefully it dries up a little in that time.
These two upgrades have really turned the corner on my bike. $400 well spent! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

Just remember, you're forks do have abreak in period. So if they feel a bit tight, give them a chance then adjust after a good pounding. Did'nt I tell you the VF3 are one of the BEST out of the box upgrades out there
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Your'e the man! I still can't stop thinking about it! I want to go out and tear some ruts into the trails and wheelie across a tree-huggers birkentstocks! :lol:
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Wait 'till you get rid of that 33mm air restrictor the 220 uses as a carbonator!

Consider the source

Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

>|<>QBB<
kdennan wrote: I want to go out and tear some ruts into the trails and wheelie across a tree-huggers birkentstocks! :lol:
Long as you stay over on your side of the rock

We got 'nuf asshats over here :wink:
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:Wait 'till you get rid of that 33mm air restrictor the 220 uses as a carbonator!
Really, get that thang RB'DDDDD
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

All in good time. Meanwhile, I updated my profile and gallery. Enjoy!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

I would enjoy it a lot more if it was:

[url=your profile address) (b)Enjoy!(/b) (/url)

:wink:

Consider the source