Jetting ?'s

Got questions? We got answers....
Firefightinlv

Jetting ?'s

Post by Firefightinlv »

I'm very new to two strokes. I'm running stock jetting on a KDX220 2005 I will be riding up in Utah that is a change from 2,000ft to 6,000-7,000 Ft. What jetting changes should I try out to make sure I have an enjoyable ride. P.S. What is the stock jetting. I'm at work right now and cannot open up my carb. ANY INPUT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! Thanks :prayer:
05 KDX220
Las Vegas. . Were you can ride 24/7/365. .
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Still running the stock pipe and spark arrestor as well?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Firefightinlv

Post by Firefightinlv »

Currently running all stock. Airbox only has the snorkle removed. I plan on adding a FMF Desert pipe and Turbocore silencer. When I do that I plan on drilling some 1" holes in the lid.
05 KDX220
Las Vegas. . Were you can ride 24/7/365. .
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

'..all stock' doesn't mean anything.

Some dealerships change jetting off the showroom floor, especially in higher el. locales.

I don't recall the OEM jetting on a 220...something close (**edit** verified thru buykaw) to 42/145/1173L-3/#5TV. All bikes are different as are environs and riding techniques. The same bike on the same trails but with different riders will want different jetting. Changing your jetting based on someone else's setup will often not work at all.

I'd suggest NOT doing it until you establish your own baseline.

That said, KDXs come with too-rich jetting for most situations. The correct jetting requires some testing/tuning on your part.

BTW, there is some 'stock' info posted on the web that is absolutely wrong. I've seen a 'stock' listing of a 52 pilot in an 'H' model 220. Nope.

**edit**
Go to buykawasaki.com, select your model, parts diagrams, carb. The stock jets are NOT the ones that say 'optional'. :wink:

**edit summore**
Note the new thread '..220 jetting for CO' FWIW. I don't know why you would want a richer pilot @ 13,000'...but, th'ar 'ya go.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!