good pipe?

Got questions? We got answers....
alistair

good pipe?

Post by alistair »

when i bought my bike(06 200) for a extra 500 we got a pipe an silencer.

the pipe is a pro circut platnium 2 and the silencer is a 304, are these a bottom end or top end pipe?

cheers
alistair
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Pro Circuit states that it helps to increase bottom to mid-range power. It's going to be similiar to FMF's Gnarly "woods pipe". It'll give you better power throughout the RPM range compared to the stock pipe. It's a good choice for the 200 if your looking to get some more bottom end.

PC makes a 304 shorty and a 304 Factory sound silencer. Both are designed for the track and have no spark arrester. The 304 is also going to be significantly louder than the OEM silencer. Changing the silencer on the KDX has a slight perfomance gain. The weight savings is the biggest factor. To actually answer your question...the 304 would be considered more of a "top end" silencer. Ok...the 304 shorty would be the most "top end" silencer, the 304 factory would be a little less "top end" than the 304 shorty.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

FWIW - We run a PC2 pipe on a 200 (with a stock silencer) and like the power delivery. It will lug and it revs out pretty well with no big surprizes.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
Bailey28

Post by Bailey28 »

I second the PC Platinum II with the stock silencer. I like the power delivery as well, I just had a hard time bolting the stock boat anchor silencer back up to the new pipe. Let me re phrase that, the fitment and finish of the PC is excellent, every hole lined up perfectly and there are no leaks, I just felt bad about putting all the weight of the stock silencer back on when I know an aftermarket silence is around 2-3 lbs. The stocker must weigh an easy 10 lbs or so, even after "draining" it. I'm going 40:1 next season. :mrgreen:

I always thought the shorter the silencer with smaller diameter, the better the bottom/mid response was. If that is the case, the ultimate would be a shorty with a spark arrestor inside for the woods. Loopin' it at 3000 rpm!! :rolleyes:

I want a TRIALS motor with decent top, but not the trials bike. I like to sit down!! :razz: :razz:
FAZ
alistair

Post by alistair »

its the factory sound one.,i dont think i have to run a spark arrester,all of the ridng i do is on private propert(at lest i think it is)
06 kdx 200 - mine
06 kdx 200 - dads

my gallery http://kdxrider.net/forums/modules.php? ... _album.php