pipe

Got questions? We got answers....
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

pipe

Post by tim »

can yall tel me what pipe to buy that will give me a little more top end ? i will keep the stock muffler ( don't like all that noise ) thanks for your input in advance
06 200H

GALLERY!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

FMF REV pipe.... that's the ticket!~ :supz:

The stock dual wall pipe IS the reason the bike is quiet now....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
tim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by tim »

i can't find a rev pipe for the 06 200 online only the gnarly

will it still be quieter with the stock muffler than an aftermarket?
06 200H

GALLERY!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Not in my testing.... I tested my stock silencer against my FMF TCII and there was no difference to my ears.

Any FMF KDX Desert pipe from 95 on is the same thing. No change..... if it says it goes to 03 , 04 , 05 or whatever... then they are using the outdated info since they put the pipe up.

Gnarly only dictates the pipe metal gauge of 18ga. There are 2 versions... Woods and Desert.

Your good!

http://monkeybuttparts.com/pk4/store.pl ... roduct=359

Drop down the list... you will see Woods or Desert (Desert being the Rev)

Sorry... old terminology :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
krazyinski

Post by krazyinski »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:FMF REV pipe.... that's the ticket!~ :supz:

The stock dual wall pipe IS the reason the bike is quiet now....

so true ! all or 80% is from the pipe and mostly only the rider hears the noise . I just finished a 50 mile ride with a friend on his 06 300 exc and commented on how Quite the bike is. his response was I don't know how you can hear your KDX over all the noise my KTM makes. my KDX has a FMF Woods and turbine core 2 on it.
2000 KDX220 FRP Ported,plated cylinder,milled head, FRP bored carb, V force 3 reeds, FMF desert pipe, 10oz FWW, 98 KX forks and oem shock re valved by Pro Action, hyd clutch, fastway pegs, tall seat foam, gripper cover, 29" CRhigh mini bars, Cycra brush gaurds.