1987 Kdx 200 Problems

Got questions? We got answers....
MotoLuke

1987 Kdx 200 Problems

Post by MotoLuke »

The engine was rebuilt a little while ago, and i rode it fine once. Then i had to push start it and when it started gas was coming out of the engine cover. So i cleaned the bike down and replaced the oil. It started up and was not squirting the gas. But then, gas was getting into the oil( I think it was gas because it was cloudy white). It was starting reapeatedly and no gas was squirting out, but everytime i replaced the oil in the engine, i would start it up and the oil would turn white again. Now here we are today. I ignorantly turned the fuel screw thinking it was some loose screw that needed tightening. I just tried starting it up again and the gas seems to be coming from the top of the engine cover again, but it won't start. I think i am going to have it get looked at. If you have any idea what this might be let me know.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Top of the engine cover? (the head or out of the plug hole?) Check torque on the head bolts and check the threads in your plug hole and make sure it is sealing and you plug is seated well.

Cloudy oil means you motor is holding water somewhere. You need to flush that motor out well since it is air cooled there should not be any water in that motor anywhere.

Is this bike new to you? Was it stored outside?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
MotoLuke

Post by MotoLuke »

I have had it for a while and it has been stored in a shed and outside.

It was coming out near a tube connected to the top of this:

MotoLuke

Post by MotoLuke »

I am not very mechanical oriented. Would these be easy things to do or should I have a mechanic look at it?
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Just sounds like it has accumulated some water in the cases. Pull the covers and I will bet you have water in them. Make sure you get a new gasket set to put back together.

If you don't feel comfortable with doing that... then by all means, have a reputable mechanic look at it. It should not be that expensive.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "