New used top end?

Got questions? We got answers....
fulltiltboogie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

New used top end?

Post by fulltiltboogie »

I happened across a good deal on a supposed "used very little" cylinder, piston and rings. I think I might just try it. Looks pretty good actually. I'll probably use new rings at least. The only thing is though is that the cylinder is a "B" and the piston is an "A". I sure wish it matched but it doesn't. I know its a very small difference but it worries me. I know its risky but would you use this used cylinder/piston. Supposedly only has 4 months or so on it. Considering the life of a KDX top end it theoretically should be good for another good while. Heck, my original top end lasted 5 years of hard abuse and many hare scrambles. I know this is a cheap way out but if it works it will be a bolt on and go deal of the month. I only gave $100 for it. How do you reckon the looser piston would affect compression and performance. Any thoughts appreciated. I can't stand any more downtime......I've got to get her going!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Get at least a "B" piston if not a "C"
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "