Mysterious loss of coolant

Got questions? We got answers....
gumbo583

Mysterious loss of coolant

Post by gumbo583 »

After putting my 2003 KDX220R together, I noticed my reservoir tank is going down every ride. I don’t visibly see any coolant anywhere and there is no coolant in my oil, or oil in my coolant. I am not sure what is going on cause I have a new head gasket and all my coolant tubes are nice and tight.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Mysterious loss of coolant

Post by bufftester »

Is the coolant level inside the radiator going down? The overflow tank level will go up and down as you ride and the system heats and cools, pushing coolant into the reservoir and then sucking it back. If your oil is not milky you can pull your plug and see if there is any coolant in the cylinder. Being that you have replaced the head gasket I would suspect you might have a leak there.
gumbo583

Re: Mysterious loss of coolant

Post by gumbo583 »

bufftester wrote: 04:47 pm Feb 28 2022 Is the coolant level inside the radiator going down? The overflow tank level will go up and down as you ride and the system heats and cools, pushing coolant into the reservoir and then sucking it back. If your oil is not milky you can pull your plug and see if there is any coolant in the cylinder. Being that you have replaced the head gasket I would suspect you might have a leak there.
I saw something about the coolant splashing up from the reservoir tank and that’s the reason it’s coming out. My radiators are always very full. If I was losing coolant by not over heating then the radiator coolant level would have went down but I’m not sure.