How often do you ride your KDX?

Got questions? We got answers....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

How often do you ride your KDX?

Post by SS109 »

Curious how often you guys actually ride your KDX's? I ride normally at least once a week and sometimes twice doing about 38 miles of singletrack each time. How many of you get out and do races on your KDX?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Re: How often do you ride your KDX?

Post by Slick_Nick »

Honestly, since I started really getting into motocross, I only rode my KDX twice last year. I was at the moto track 5-6 days a week though, so the KX's got a lions share of the seat time.

Bush riding is fun, but it's just totally different than the thrill I get from the motocross track. Also, my track is pretty local to me, which makes it convenient to go and rip a couple laps, vs going on a bush ride, it can easily turn into an all day affair.
'00 KDX 220R
whocares191

Post by whocares191 »

I get about 1-2 rides a week at Glen Helen which is the closest track to me about 30 mins away. Usually i'm on my kx250 while my coworker borrows my kdx so I ride both. The kdx needs new springs as I'm 230lbs and the suspension is stock lol. Still have the stock piston too so once i get that replaced I'm going to be up at Kennedy Meadows twice a month.
Current Bikes:
2004 kdx220r for trail riding
2001 kx250 for track riding
1990 kx500 for dust collection
1981 kx420 for vintage races
2021 KLX110L for my first 4 stroke :naughty:
MoonStomper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MoonStomper »

Wow! I’d love to have Glen Helen that close! Single track rider here, and I’m lucky to have trails looping around my 10 acres and my buddy’s 300 acre farm across the street here in Virginia. Also have a membership at a place called Kairos Resort 20 minutes away that hosts two hare scramble series. I try to get out twice a week here at home. Got out yesterday in the 20 degree refrozen snow and blasted for two hours. Will hit it again today, but it’s warmer so probably gonna get soupy.
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
Let the good times ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
‘99 KDX 220 / '03 KDX 200 - @%@ '18 Trek Slash 8 @%@ ‘22 Rieju MR300 Racing

BLACKSBURG, VIRGINIA USA
penniar

Post by penniar »

Not often enough. About once a month, maybe an hour tops. It is a '98 200 and I am the original owner. I just did it's first engine rebuild last year. I used to ride it a lot more, but life always gets in the way these days. I also have an '86 CR250 (fully restored) that only gets ridden about twice a year, and an '01 XR400R that gets ridden about as much as my KDX.
TwistedRoot
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TwistedRoot »

MoonStomper wrote: 01:11 pm Jan 23 2022 Wow! I’d love to have Glen Helen that close! Single track rider here, and I’m lucky to have trails looping around my 10 acres and my buddy’s 300 acre farm across the street here in Virginia. Also have a membership at a place called Kairos Resort 20 minutes away that hosts two hare scramble series. I try to get out twice a week here at home. Got out yesterday in the 20 degree refrozen snow and blasted for two hours. Will hit it again today, but it’s warmer so probably gonna get soupy.
I have heard a lot about Kairos. Have you ever been to Rivers Edge? They seem to have a great spot and its not far from you at all. Im trying to get down there for a ride March 10-13.
2002 KDX 200
2003 KDX 220