Final Question I swear (What are the best brand clutch's)

Got questions? We got answers....
beeds3000

Final Question I swear (What are the best brand clutch's)

Post by beeds3000 »

97 original clutch with some miles on it, there are a few different brands I have seen I am going to do the full replacement springs and all what would you guys recomend being the best then second best ?
Geoff T. Biderman
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I always use Barnett's clutches. Haven't ever had to replace a KDX's clutch plates though.... I did get heavier clutch springs 'cause the 95's were weak (came out that way)
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Barnett and DPK are both great quality. They are a tad more pricey than EBC, which is a good clutch as well. There are other brands out there, but these are the 3 I have direct experience with.

Most of the clutches we replace are replaced with an EBC dirt racer clutch kit. Mostly because of the cost. MX, Offroad with riders of all different skill levels and riding styles. We've never had a single complaint (we haven't had any multiple complaints either :lol: ) with any of these brands.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

I'll say that I opted for a Tusk set because of the price. While I'm happy with their other products the clutch kit was junk. I had to file every one of the plates to get them to fit in the basket. I do have a hinson basket, and didn't have the OEM to test but I'd stay away from that. Barnett's are reputabley the best.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project