Body plastics Question

Got questions? We got answers....
beeds3000

Body plastics Question

Post by beeds3000 »

I called Dennis Kirks today because I want to get the Maier MX rear fender for the KDX with the UFO front fender for a 2003 KX 250, But they said different company's will have a slightly different color to them? But I know there are guys on this forum that have this same setup so what do you guys think ??? also the UFO fender for a KX 250 is $48.00 kind of pricy ???
Geoff T. Biderman
Roland C

Post by Roland C »

Ah, yes, the economics of getting a bike up to snuff. Brake lever, sprocket (and chain?), plastics, etc. It adds up quick. Have you checked Ebay for any of this stuff? $48 for a fender sounds about right these days (not that I'm advocating charging $48, just that it sounds ballpark). I wouldn't worry too much about "imperfect color match" since you're looking at front vs. rear fenders - probably not noticeable (on different ends of the bike and all). If they were touching each other possibly a different story.
'02 KDX200
'00 TTR125L
'02 SV650S
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They are at different ends of the bike... you will never know! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
beeds3000

Post by beeds3000 »

Ya I just bought it not to long ago froma buddy, It runs good and is in good shape just pretty faded and the chain and sprockets have never been replaced I am showing it some Love
Geoff T. Biderman
liv2ride626

Post by liv2ride626 »

Just do like me, I run stock rear fender and a black acerbis front :lol: :grin: :grin:
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Don't worry about the color unless one is the floresent green and the other stock green. They will match plenty close enough. The late model KX fender is a nicer looking fender in my opinion. That's why I run one. I got it at my local independant bike shop: Mountain Moto, for $20.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I got this Acerbis one...

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
beeds3000

Post by beeds3000 »

Where did you get that Acerbis one from whats the Websight??? i like the shape of it and how the back half is white looks good that is a winner once I know where you got it from ?
Geoff T. Biderman
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

Man that is one sweet ass bike Inda!!!! :prayer:
kdennan

Post by kdennan »

I just got the Maier rear MX style fender and it is very slightly different. But I can't tell from 10 feet away! :lol:
I also have the Acerbis LED taillight and lisence plate holder coming so it should be quite the kit. Tossed the stock OEM toolbag (ripped it open climbing Cupcake Alley) and will be mounting a sweet Moose fold-up tool kit. It even has a map pocket for my nerdy little maps I make with my GPS!
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

>|<>QBB<[quote="Indawoods"]I got this Acerbis one...

I have Acerbis front fenders as well. The front part is pretty scratched up. Can one buy replacement front halves?

Rick
I done KX-ed QuailChaser's KDX220R
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Yup....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

layoutd

Post by layoutd »

Is that a street bike? I've never seen a bike so clean and imperfection free. I'd be embarassed for mine to be on the same trail with that.
Eatin' ain't Cheatin'
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Meticulous maintenence and cleaning after each outing.
Sorry guys... it's my only obsession believe me!

I don't crash much either... but when I do... it's BIG! :oops:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

stringburner
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by stringburner »

It is a nice looking machine ya got there Inda. I got the same problem...I got to have my vehicles way too clean at all times. :?
AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

I've been searching the net. Where's a good place to get all KDX plastics? I went to the Acerbis and onoffrodad sites and they were almost devoid of KDX parts.

I'd like to replace my Acerbis Tecnik front-most fender portion as well as the scoops and the side panels.

Thanks for the help.

Rick
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Rockymountain has the replacements.

MX type Rear fender can be had at frpoffroad or monkeybutt parts... all in the links section.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

AZRickD

Post by AZRickD »

RockyMountain doesn't show any KDX parts of that type on the web page. I'll have to give them a call -- personal-like.

Rick
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

frpoffroad and monkeybuttparts still has all the KDX plastics. Easy one stop shopping.... I think Monkeybutt is a little cheaper...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

That two piece front fender is not a KDX part so if you have a profile enabled on RM you may not see it. That fender is universal, as most front fenders are. You might need to drill holes, but to pay more than $25 for one seems silly to me unless it does something fancy like has a tool box in it or something.

A genuine Yamaha YZ fender is only $20 , I don't get how an aftermarket company could stay in business trying to charge near $50, plus shipping.
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220