It's ALIVE!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
cbova

It's ALIVE!!!

Post by cbova »

If you've seen my few posts, I bought a basket case blown up 97 220 a few months ago with the plan to resurrect and do some local (southern NH) trail riding with my boy on his TT125. This was the classic example of basket case, missing parts, wrong parts, broken parts, terrible workmanship, you name it it was wrong, broken and/or missing. There were remnants of 2 broken KIPS levers!

I had the cylinder repaired and re-plated my Millennium with a new Wiseco piston, new crank bearings and a full gasket/seal set. Finally got it back together tonight. Fired up easily and sounds tight. I gotta say I'm impressed so far, I messed around on a YZ250 (1989) back in my 20's...which was 18 years ago... when did I get old? The clutch feels funny to me, like the throw is really short before it "bottoms out" like I can't get a full pull from free to the bar, it bottoms out before it hits the bar. It functions OK but doesn't seem right. No Idea if it's stock levers and/or perches.

THANK YOU to the people here that helped me through my journey. I am mechanically inclined and do have some sort of grey matter between my ears but the guidance from people like you really make the difference. I didn't even have any extra parts when I was done putting the engine back together :boogie: . I'm into it for $1750 including the purchase, needs swing arm bearings, throttle cable, and the tank has been spray bombed at least twice but the engine is done right. Anxious to get on it and tear it up. Anyone else from southern NH? Where do you ride?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: It's ALIVE!!!

Post by SS109 »

Good to hear! Post up some pics, or even a video, of your lever control for the clutch and we'll try to help you get it sorted.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Congratulations on getting it done!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
dedgery207

Post by dedgery207 »

I am in Southern NH as well. 2004 KDX200 I rebuilt over the winter with the help of the community here. Let me know if you want to get together for a ride sometime.