Acerbis DHH Headlight work?

Got questions? We got answers....
MikeN

Acerbis DHH Headlight work?

Post by MikeN »

Will this work on the KDX? Is it something that can help take me toward the path of making my KDX dual sport (possibly street legal)?

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... 402&mmyId=

Also.. while you are looking, how about this too? http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_c ... 402&mmyId=
Mike N
'03 KDX 200
'99 CBR 600 F4
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

They WILL work but....

You will need a high output lighting coil on your bike.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
MikeN

Post by MikeN »

Okay... maybe the better question is... what's the best way to DS my KDX (and go toward possibly making it street legal)? :grin:
Mike N
'03 KDX 200
'99 CBR 600 F4
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

First... check you state laws. I have a headlight and brakelight setup on mine and other than having the lights on while not running and a horn... I'd be legal in my state.

Do a search on "headlight wiring" and you should come across how I did it with the stock components and a LED tailight setup from Baja Designs. I also have pics of it in the Gallery.

If you have any more questions... just ask and I will try to help you out with them...

Oh... BTW... Welcome to the site Mike! :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Welcome!

BajaDesigns sells a complete Dual Sport Kit for the KDX as well. Might be an option if you want a plug and play setup.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
MikeN

Post by MikeN »

Yea... plug and play is nice, but I have no problem doing it on my own and saving money. I just figured many here have done this stuff and had some links or parts they could recommend for me to look at :razz:
Mike N
'03 KDX 200
'99 CBR 600 F4
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'm all for saving money. Take a look at the instructions for the Baja Designs kit and it will give you a pretty good rundown on what you need and how to set it up. I posted a link a while ago for some pretty low cost parts for doing a dual sport conversion. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it back in this thread for you.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
MikeN

Post by MikeN »

Sounds great... thanks for the help guys
Mike N
'03 KDX 200
'99 CBR 600 F4
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Mike - Take a look on this site: http://www.procycle.us/main/dskit.htm
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Those are some great prices m0rie!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

m0rie
Thanks for the Link-That gives me an idea. (((Spend more money, spend more money))))) :?
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
MikeN

Post by MikeN »

Any more feedback on this subject? :)
Mike N
'03 KDX 200
'99 CBR 600 F4
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Personally... I'd keep those knobbies on the KDX and get a KLX to dual sport.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Gotta agree with Inda on that:

If you want a true dirtbike that you can take on paved roads between trailheads, then go the minimum route and mod the KDX. But if you are planning trips from the house garage to go on a dirt trail ride, then get a bike that is already dual sported. I found a KLX650 that was street legal for under $2000. There were a few years that the KLX was offered as a street version. The DRZ also comes in a DS version as well.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
motorhed220

Post by motorhed220 »

KDX is NOT a good road bike at all. for a few reasons, first off, Two Stroke, this means you must pre mix your gas, and all the other hassel that comes with a Two Stroke ( Not that i do not enjoy it) but face it, its not worth it. Road riding will shave a nice chunck off time off your engine life simply because your gonna have to be flying along reving the hell out of the bike so your not holding up traffic or being a nusance (Slows bikes=bad for everyone) And if your gunna ride slow on the road...then dont ride on the road...its a waste of time and effort. The KDX is an OFF ROAD BIKE (as says Kawasaki) and a DIRTBIKE.

I presume that your are actually going to ride this Dual sport bike, not just to the corner store and back or to a trail and home. I would hope, puttng the Bike on the Road would be for the reason of having the option of cruisin around on two wheels, or cillin out with the wind in your hair (metaphoricially, you do need a helmet) So if you wanna road ride, get a KLX. Cheaper on fuel by far, just as capable as a KDX, and will save u lots of neeless hassel you will be fac3ed with on Road ready KDX.

PS: That Headllight will work VERY well, a pal of mine has it on his KLX and it is a awsome feature.
Live to Ride, Ride to live!!!