Where are all the used KDX's?

Got questions? We got answers....
brider

Where are all the used KDX's?

Post by brider »

I joined this forum probably 2 yrs ago because I was ALMOST ready to pull the trigger on a local KDX (what a stupid move that I didn't...), and then life got in the way, but now I'm looking HARD again, and there are NONE out there! My regional CL listings used to have 6 or more at any given time, now there are NONE. Is it Covid? Maybe too early in the season for people to be cleaning out their garages or thinking of upgrading? Man, it's kinda disheartening. I was thinking this season fer sher....
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Where are all the used KDX's?

Post by pumpguy »

I would try Facebook Marketplace. Also try nationwide Craigslist.

Where are you located?

Are you a supporting member of this site? If yes, you can send and receive PMs and communicate directly with other members.
brider

Post by brider »

Nationwide CL? Do you mean Claz.org? I searched there and DID find a nice one, but it sold like the day before. I don't have a FB account, and I think that may be my downfall, EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING seems to be selling there, maybe because ebay isn't as much "fun" anymore. Might just have to open an acct for the Marketplace.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Sorry that you have not found one.

When COVID hit, people were stuck at home. New bikes, used bikes, tennis rackets, bicycles, pretty much ANY outdoor activity equipment was in hot demand.

In the past, spring was the best time to sell one, as people got tax refund checks and had extra money to blow. Now, there are not that many left around. People are asking astronomical prices for even junk.

I haven't bought a KDX in a while, but I keep an eye on what's out there, just for curiosity. Very nice and nice KDX's have slowly become harder to find. I think there are a fair amount of people that recognize that when a very good one pops up, they better buy it or wait a good while to find another one.

Holding out for a very good one that is cheap is extremely rare. Usually, that leaves someone to do without.

They quit selling the KDX with the 2006 KDX200, so it has been 15 years since new ones were on the dealer floor.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
rungrandpa
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by rungrandpa »

I agree that two years ago I could buy a 1998 KDX from $1000 to $1900. Today I see an occasional $3200 asking price, and then not too often. Crazy.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

brider wrote: 07:53 pm Mar 24 2021 Nationwide CL? Do you mean Claz.org? I searched there and DID find a nice one, but it sold like the day before. I don't have a FB account, and I think that may be my downfall, EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING seems to be selling there, maybe because ebay isn't as much "fun" anymore. Might just have to open an acct for the Marketplace.
I just google "nationwide craigslist" and it comes right up. You might also check the FOR SALE section of this site. I think you have to be a supporting member to access that portion.

Being a supporting member is kind of like buying a magazine subscription. You get everything you ever need to know about KDXs and you only need to subscribe once. You'll notice this site has no advertising. Thats because of the supporting member's contributions.
Juanito
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Juanito »

I have a 2002 KDX220 with RB mods available for $2,750. Located in Portland, OR.
"Does anyone know where there is a taco stand? A beer and a taco stand, that's what I need." Mouse KcCoy after finishing the Baja 1000, solo.

"Don't worry. My old man is a television repairman; he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." Jeff Spicoli, Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
brider

Post by brider »

rungrandpa wrote: 08:53 am Mar 25 2021 I agree that two years ago I could buy a 1998 KDX from $1000 to $1900. Today I see an occasional $3200 asking price, and then not too often. Crazy.
Amen, bro, that's what I'm finding. HOWEVER, I just found a 2005 bone-stock near me for $3k asking. Should I jump on it? A little more than I was planning.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

brider, post a listing.

anyone can see and post to the classified sections.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
VTMTcowboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by VTMTcowboy »

I've noticed a big shift over the last couple years from Craigslist to Facebook Marketplace. Bikes are more available now since covid hit, but the pricing still hasn't dropped much. There are plenty of KDXs for sale here in the Northeast, but you either get 4-4.5K mint bikes or 2.5-3k bikes that need work. KDXs are great, but they are no longer the value buy they once were. Good luck and be patient. The right bike will always come up.
1997 KDX 220
2004 KDX 200