Ride Report

Got questions? We got answers....
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Ride Report

Post by Green Hornet »

Well, Myself & NYkdxer rode a HS on Sunday the 30th in Delaware. Each loop was about 12.5 mles. The bikes handled much better with the KX Conversion, but we have to fine tune them. We did not get much of a chance to test them good before the HS. Evene though Delaware is FLAT, it was a good mix of Loam, Sand, Clay, Fire Roads, Double wide trails, a little Single Track & LOTS OF F#$KING MUD. They kept telling everyone, yeah NO MUD, ROCKS or LOGS. Well they got everyone. C Vet Class is usually about 9 -15 people depending where the race is located, but since this was a central point we had 36 riders on our line. Myself & NYkdxer were running about mid pack during the race and began picking off positions. Boy when fatique hits is sucks, you make a mistake, fall, stall, yada, yada and you loose those positions quick. In the end it was a 2hr. race, I did 2 laps in 1:39 and was cleared for a 3rd. I was beat and took 16th. NYkdxer should have been right there with me, but a Large MUD MONSTER SUCKED HIS BIKE DOWN TO CHINA and well he can tell ya the rest of the story. AA/A Class were doing 4 laps, some 3laps, B Class was doing 2-3 laps & C Class was doing 2-3 laps. I'm typing with a pencil in my mouth, because my body F#%KING ACHES ALOTTTTT. I guess I better get into shape.
ALSO, the RB Cab & Head MOD, were GREAT, ws able to run a gear higher and feathered the clutch when I needed, otherwise, I just short shifted without the clutch in the whoops & Tight. Myself & NYkdxer were running with the 250's off the line. My bike would not have done that before.
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Great story. The mud monster and pencil-in-mouth were especially entertaining. Anyone who rides can really appreciate that!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
bradf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bradf »

Reading this made me want to do a scrambles in the worst way. Or enduro. I know you had fun, and that's what is important.
'04 220 w/'01 KX250 USD forks, '02 RM125 Showa shock, Rekluse EXP 3.0, LHRB & all RB'd
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I felt bad for Gerry, we were riding together for the most part, then I nailed a F%^KING TREE and then came across him in that MUD PIT a few minutes later. The bike was standing by itself, took a Quad with a Winch to a tree and then a Winch to his bike, to get it out. And it still was not easy to get out.

I put a few pics in my gallery.
IE: Mud Goatee, Mud Helmet, Mud Bike, Mud Gear & Helmet Hair (Yeah Baby)
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Here's my buddy trying to his his '90 out of a mud hole at Budd's Creek a few years back. It rained for like 30 days before the race(was the weekend of the national), and all the mud was like quicksand. I think he has already been working for about an hour before our friends found him in the woods, and helped him. I got stuck in a 2' deep rut about .5mile past him, and never got any help. I got heat exhaustion getting my bike out, and had to lay on the side of the course for like an hour. :lol: I finally just pinned it, jacked her into 5th(90mph rear wheel speed), and started rocking the bike back and forth until it looped itself out of the hole :shock: I had no choice as the A/AA's would've come though and used it as a berm. Oh yeah, my buddy is only still clean in this pic becaus this is about 1/8mi into the 4mi course...LOL. I rode right by his downed bike and didn't even know it.

Last edited by fuzzy on 10:10 am May 05 2006, edited 1 time in total.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
nykdxer

Post by nykdxer »

I felt bad for Gerry, we were riding together for the most part, then I nailed a F%^KING TREE and then came across him in that MUD PIT a few minutes later. The bike was standing by itself, took a Quad with a Winch to a tree and then a Winch to his bike, to get it out. And it still was not easy to get out.

Yes it was the worst mud I've ever seen. when i tried to run it it would just stall rear wheel couldn't turn. I had to wait for the race to end before a quad could make it to me. And I thought he was going to bend my rim it was flexing so bad as he tried to winch me out. When he got me out it took another 5 minutes with a stick to dig all the mud out of the rear wheel and chain guide so I could get the wheel to turn. It was great day and I can't wait for the next one.
04 kdx 200