VP fuel

Got questions? We got answers....
Brandonbb76

VP fuel

Post by Brandonbb76 »

Are any of you guys using VP racing fuel‘s if so which one are you using and how are you mixing it?
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: VP fuel

Post by Goofaroo »

Why would you want to use 110 octane race gas in your KDX?
Brandonbb76

Post by Brandonbb76 »

The VP factory is right by my house I’m asking a question what type would you use I don’t know what they have it was just a question
Molly's 70
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Molly's 70 »

Have you looked at VP U4.4 REG?
If you lend someone $20, and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
kdx633
Supporting Member

Post by kdx633 »

c12 at 40:1
Brandonbb76

Post by Brandonbb76 »

The only fuel I looked at was the 40:1 C12, it is not 110 octane that I know of. They make like 15 different types over there.
Brandonbb76

Post by Brandonbb76 »

T2 40:1 is $85 for 5 gallons. I know the cost is way up there I was just inquiring about it. I know it is awesome fuel just didn’t know if that ratio was good for a 2000 KDX200
Brandonbb76

Post by Brandonbb76 »

Attachments
22F5F397-EC08-4C8A-A858-D17373BBF80D.jpeg
22F5F397-EC08-4C8A-A858-D17373BBF80D.jpeg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 2771 times
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I have a VP gas station not far from me, but honestly, and this will probably start another "what oil is best" type response, I have run plain, old, regular 87 (and occasionally mid grade 89 for no particular reason) for my bikes entire life (20 years since I bought it new). I have raced and trail rode and never had an issue with it. I jetted it properly, it doesn't spooge, and has enough oomph to pick up the front wheel in every gear. Not that better gas wouldn't make a difference, but at 85$ for 5 gallons I can ride 5x more on my bad gas without worrying about detonation and higher engine wear lol...and at the end of the day that's really all that matters to me.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

I see this particular fuel is leaded. Just might cause plug whiskering, which hasn't been seen since leaded gasoline went out of normal use.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

87 octane non ethanol fuel is perfect for a KDX. Dump in some two stroke oil and ride off into the sunset.

Race fuel is designed for high strung high compression race built engines. It is formulated to run cooler and be less combustible to prevent preignition. Your KDX can’t make it burn efficiently. It’ll just dirty up your combustion chamber and pollute the environment.
Not to mention how expensive it is.

If for some reason you are compelled to use it cut it 50/50 with the lowest octane pump gas you can get. You won’t gain anything but it might satisfy your curiosity.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Wow. They have really gone up on prices. I used to run it in my MX racing bikes a few years ago when I was racing MX.

I think the T2 would be a bit much for a trail bike. I didn't realize it was that high of octane.

Can you get 93 non-ethanol locally?

Goofaroo, I will have to disagree on 87 being perfect for a KDX.

"Racing gas" burns cleaner than normal pump gas and does provide benefits in how it is blended. Those benefits aren't usually worth the price over pump gas.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

I’ve always run the lowest octane available. 87 is the norm in my area. I run it in everything I own and have never had detonation issues unless it was caused by timing problems.

Any pump gas will work so just use whatever moves you. It’ll also run on race fuel.
Brandonbb76

Post by Brandonbb76 »

What I have mixed up now is some ethanol free and yamalube 2S, I need to call the gas station and see what octane the ethanol free is. I am running 32:1 just because that’s what the manual said. Thinking a out switching to the Motul 710 though
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

The Yamalube is fine. I'd go with 40:1 if I was riding trails like you. If you know what quantity you have now, you can just add more gasoline to get it to 40:1.

If you are not revving it a ton, 40:1 is fine.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

KDXGarage wrote: 04:20 pm Mar 04 2021 Wow. They have really gone up on prices. I used to run it in my MX racing bikes a few years ago when I was racing MX.

I think the T2 would be a bit much for a trail bike. I didn't realize it was that high of octane.

"Racing gas" burns cleaner than normal pump gas and does provide benefits in how it is blended. Those benefits aren't usually worth the price over pump gas.
What makes you think 93 octane is better than 87 in a KDX?

And you’re right on the race gas. In a race engine that is capable of burning it efficiently it will burn very cleanly.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Goofaroo wrote: 10:32 am Mar 05 2021
KDXGarage wrote: 04:20 pm Mar 04 2021 Wow. They have really gone up on prices. I used to run it in my MX racing bikes a few years ago when I was racing MX.

What makes you think 93 octane is better than 87 in a KDX?

And you’re right on the race gas. In a race engine that is capable of burning it efficiently it will burn very cleanly.
Goofaroo, the guy asked about VP for him and his bike. Go start a new thread (preferably NOT on kdxrider.net) if you need to fuss with someone. Thanks.
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

You disagreed with me and I simply asked why. No need to get offended. The original poster was curious about race fuel. It happens commonly on vehicle forums. We were just trying to explain that he does not need nor will he see any benefit from race fuel or other high octane fuel even from a pump. The compression ratios in our KDXs simply don’t need it.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Way to not fuss. LOL
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

Just trying to be helpful. Oil and fuel threads are almost always controversial and riddled with misinformation.
It commonly appears that people are confused about what octane is and they have a misconception of how it effects performance and efficiency.